Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Unremitting Anxiety

[10...]

[10...]

It's 3.30 am in the UK and I have been awake all night with unremitting anxiety. It's as bad as acute again and I'm one year off tomorrow. I thought I would be posting my success story at this time but instead I'm shouting for help yet again.

My candida infection has returned and I've taken some cider vinegar, two tspns as an antifungal, so it could be this. I just don't know which way to turn any more. I hate having to cry out here when I want to be positive and help others but it seems this is the only way I can help myself at the moment.

I try to distract from the anxiety by posting so please don't be discouraged by all this. I was on these drugs a very long time. Both Bliss and Prof. Ashton have said it's going to take me awhile to recover. It's so very hard. There's nothing anyone can do but just letting it all out helps.

Thanks for listening Buddies.

Must be an epidemic right now. Sorry you feel this way too. I just sit up all night now and shake. I don't like the night - the anxiety has to be fought very hard at night.  I hope this passes for both of us. Full moon?

Have you consulted a naturopath about your candida infections? They can help you get rid of them without using drugs. Please Google proper hygiene whilst having an infection. Also, male sexual partners can carry it with no symptoms so use protection if you are sexually active as infections can get passed back and forth.

[10...]

Thank you New moon and Towards, Why does it have to be this bad so far out? There's me thinking i was healing after a few months off. Now the light has disappeared and I'm so tired and weak. It's hard to go on  :(

I feel sorry that I only seem to post when things are bad but I feel so negative when this happens. When i'm in a window Im almost scared to say anything in case it bangs shut too quickly. I wonder how much more my poor old body and brain can stand.

The Winter is setting in the UK New moon so I can understand others here being in a wave from the grey, cold, dismal days at the moment.

[10...]

Thanks Frus and Mylilcappi.

I was trying to treat the candida naturally when this happened probably triggered by cider vinegar and probiotics. I cant do much until I'm over withdrawal as my reactions to anything new are so severe. As to sex, I should be so lucky! Sadly my husband had his prostate removed a few months ago so neither of us are much good at the moment.

I wonder if the change of the seasons has anything to do with this?

All I know is that from early October until last weekend I was kind of "emotionally flat." Then, over the weekend my anxiety just went through the roof and it has not lessened and it's now Thursday! This may be a wave. If so, I hope it's one of those that I'll come out of feeling somewhat more healed.

I'm less than a week away from six months and I feel as if I've been thrown back in acute w/d!

Hi Beth, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. They did warn us this was an up and down crazy process and it sure is.

You're not the only one. I was feeling quite good last week, but I woke up again with pain today and thought, here we go again  :sick:

Today has been hard because both my big toes feel inhabited by something hell bent on twisting them off. And its a beautiful fine day here, 25 degrees and people all in a festive mood as Summer and the holidays approach. Bummer.

Sending you healing thoughts and hugs

hi beth,

one year off isn't that long of time in benzo land. candida infection can definitely give you unremitting anxiety. could you possibly be having any kind of herxheimer reaction (healing crisis)?

i've been extra bad this week and unable to do anything at all. errands and my walking is far behind. then i was hit by a window last night only for one hour and it made me realize that everything i was going through was all a healing. it's was very clear. i am 19 months out and was bed ridden all week again. but i definitely feel that i am healing.

hope you feel better soon! apple cider vinegar is good and should calm you. Progurt is a great probiotic.

[10...]

Thanks Pretty, Kit and Tex. I'm much better today probably because I slept last night. It is likely to be some sort of reaction to trying to clear the canidida again with natural antifungals. I'll go slowly in future.

The sun is shining today in the UK so I'm off to enjoy it!