Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone got brave enough to take a multivitamin?

[On...]

Last time I took one was taper. My bp went to 190/100 hr 150 for 30 mins. Im 11 months off but still have surges. I dont know when I could tolerate a multi again. I feel I need one tho

My husband is still tapering and he takes Bcomplex, C vit (about 8 grms per day), vit D, without problems. I suppose it depends from one person to another.

I've had my mom on all kinds of supplements, including vitamin D3, C, B-complex, ALA, NAC, DHEA, vitamin E, Ubiquinol and others.

She just finished a Dr Clark kidney cleanse too.

I have not noticed any differing in her symptoms with or without supplements.

Hi:

I have been taking a Centrum multi-vitamin for all of the years I have been on benzos and during my withdrawal. I also take fish oil, vitiman D and calcium (for my bones), and have never noticed a difference or a problem. However, like many folks here on BB, I am very sensitive to meds of all sorts and recently tried taking magnesium, 250 mg, and it made me anxious. Anxiety has been the story of my life. Benzogirl.

I take a multi daily, plus fish oil. Never had a BP problem because of either.

But I have BP problems from anxiety, and it started two days ago because of tests I have coming up, the fear of it. It's happening right now.

Anxiety spikes happen by themselves, and they are one of the biggest things that drive up BP.

I tried a multivitamin back when I was tapering but found that it revved me up a bit, probably the vitamin B.

Might try it again though. I like Genuine Health products, they're consistently good quality.

I take a mens one-a-day multivitamin and a 400 mg magnesium every night before I go to bed.  I'm taking the magnesium b/c i read it can help with PVCs.  Anyway i feel nothing different when i take them.

Hi:

I have been taking a Centrum multi-vitamin for all of the years I have been on benzos and during my withdrawal. I also take fish oil, vitiman D and calcium (for my bones), and have never noticed a difference or a problem. However, like many folks here on BB, I am very sensitive to meds of all sorts and recently tried taking magnesium, 250 mg, and it made me anxious. Anxiety has been the story of my life. Benzogirl.

Same exact thing. Never had a problem with vitamins, still take One a Day, but magnesium supplement gave me anxiety.

Hi:

Same exact thing. Never had a problem with vitamins, still take One a Day, but magnesium supplement gave me anxiety.

That's so weird. I take magnesium after running, but also two other times each day. I don't use anything fancy, just the simple pills. I chew it up. My BP always lowers just a couple points after I take it...