Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Just wanted to give you guys a little hope.

[Co...]

The passed 2 weeks have been sheer hell. Possibly the worst since jumping.then this morning I woke up via a hypnic jerk. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to get up. I walked out of my room and the world was different. It was unfamiliar. It was REAL! For the first time since June 4th, 2012, almost a year and a half, I wasn't dizzy, my heart wasn't pounding, no derealization, no blurred vision or body aches, no chest pain, no numbness in my feet, no brain zaps, no NOTHING! The sun was bright, sounds were just as loud as they are supposed to be, I wasn't freezing cold, no bloating. It was WONDERFUL! This feeling lasted almost two hours! Then I had a sensation like my brain turned inside out (like a twisting cramp in my brain) and I'm back in withdrawal hell. I can't believe this happened to me after my ordeal. I can't believe that out if nowhere I had a REAL window! If it can happen to me, it can and will happen to you!!! Don't give up!

WOW CG! :)

How good that must have felt! I am almost 45 months off, and no windows ever...except one hour a couple times.

Still waiting for a good window, or sx to just drop off.  Really getting slammed for months now, the last 2 weeks even more brutal. :(

Jadetortoise

wow coasterguy,

thanks for posting and i am happy for you. that means 17 months and a true window so to speak.

good to know for me. i realize now that i still have long way to go.

take care , i think you are nearly there. :smitten:

Man read the title to this thread,clicked on it thinking 'Oh good a little hope never went amiss' and in the answers 1 poster's went 45 months without a window,another 17 months I think it said.Came here for hope,went away wanting to throw myself off a bridge.

Not sure where that 17 month figure came from. It's only been 2 months and a week since I jumped after a long and painful taper. Also be assured that the 45 month number is EXTREMELY rare!

Man read the title to this thread,clicked on it thinking 'Oh good a little hope never went amiss' and in the answers 1 poster's went 45 months without a window,another 17 months I think it said.Came here for hope,went away wanting to throw myself off a bridge.

don'T be silly Red, 8 months is a big achievement. i have accepted it takes as long as it

will take. the main thing is , it will be over one day and we shall be healthy again.

cheer up . :smitten:

coasterguy, didn't you say 4th  june 12 ? or did i my benzo brain get it wrong ? :laugh:

Not sure where that 17 month figure came from. It's only been 2 months and a week since I jumped after a long and painful taper. Also be assured that the 45 month number is EXTREMELY rare!

shame on me, you mentioned june 2012 and i did not look at your signature. so sorry. :-[

Hey red or blue,

I will be at 18 months on the 26th and I am doing great so don't stress. We are not all alike.  I still  have a few things left but I would say I am 96% healed. I want to be 100% healed so waiting to write my story and celebrate!

Oh! Lol. Yeah. June 2012 is when I got sick. Took Valium from late June - nov 2012. Tapered from nov 2012 - sept 13,2013. Don't get too scared!

Hey red or blue,

I will be at 18 months on the 26th and I am doing great so don't stress. We are not all alike.  I still  have a few things left but I would say I am 96% healed. I want to be 100% healed so waiting to write my story and celebrate!

What a beautiful comment Angel and u too thank you Morreweg.I didn't mean to get all down in the dumps but when I read about people who are still up *&^$ creek at almost 4 years,it frightens the living crap out of me.I mean, to think that at 8 Moons I was only about a 6th or a 7th of the way through the whole thing would literally end me...Although I am really sure that, that won't be my lot as I know how rare it is and I'm not sure but I really do feel like there's some good healing going on deep down.Right enough,if I think what I was like in the first couple of months doing that cold turkey & compare it to now,Im 10 times better.