Ready to start my Clonazepam titration

[so...]

Hi all,

I have a concern that I wonder if anyone else here has had. I mix my benzo powder and my whole milk, stir it up, and then syringe out the amount I won't be taking, leaving behind what I will be taking. However, I have to wonder whether I'm getting benzo powder into the syringe, or whether I'm just sucking up milk and leaving the benzo powder behind. It's hard to tell.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

I did it the same way. As long as you do it the same way every time you prepare your mixture, it should be fine. There is no exact science to this. This is going to be as close as it gets! It worked fine for me.  :thumbsup:

Hey all,

Just wanted to say that I am now down to 80% of my original dosage. :)

Haven't had to level out at all yet. Hopefully I won't have to at all. My "worst" symptoms thus far have been acne (is acne a withdrawal symptom usually?), feeling tired, and being somewhat irritable.

Hi Soxfan,

Most people do just fine with titration. ;)

Hi Colin,

I'm starting to experience symptoms like muscle twitching, tingling, and a general feeling of jumpy nerves. What's really frustrating is these are the exact same symptoms I had before I was put on the benzos in the first place, so I don't really know whether I'm having withdrawal symptoms, or whether I'm just exposing the symptoms that were always there and were simply covered up by the benzo.

At any rate, I have decided to go back one day to 74 ml (I had done 72 when the twitching started), and hold for a while. How long that is, I'm not sure. And I'm wondering if maybe 2 ml a day is too fast for me.

I'm really down about the whole thing. Not because of possible withdrawals...I expected that. But because I don't know whether it's withdrawals or the original problem. If I get off this stuff, and the same problem is still there that forced me onto the stuff in the first place, then maybe the stuff really was helping more than it hurt..

Hey, Soxfan, it is usual to tweak a withdrawal schedule along the way. A plan is just a best guess. It sensible, and almost expected that you would make some kind of changes.

You are doing the right thing by stabilising your dose for a while. Don't be discouraged - there really is not need to be.

Let us know how things proceed.

Hey Soxfan,

Colin gave great advice there.  The titration schedule is very flexible.  You control the rate of taper.  I slowed down at a certain point in my taper when I hit a couple bumps.  If you have to hold, I would just hold.  You could also consider tossing 1ml instead of of 2ml to slow down your rate of taper.  Whatever you decide to do, you control the rate of taper.  I think thats one of the  biggest advantages of titration over dry cutting.  Hang in there bro. 

Btw....I am in St. Louis and we already took Lugo off your hands....and he is hitting about .300 ..heheh....now it appears the Cardinals are trying to get John Smoltz to pitch in relief...do you think Smoltz has anything left at all?

Tim

sox , how you doing softtail here,    hope you taper is going well and you have solved all the concerns you had with getting your titration togeather.  As I mentioned earlier in a reply,  TC and I are using the titration process with water , cause both of us like to see the poison we remove going down the drain,  but of course milk works great and is probably more recommended here.    either way keep  at it and we will follow thuir to the end

ST.

Hey Soxfan,

Colin gave great advice there.  The titration schedule is very flexible.  You control the rate of taper.  I slowed down at a certain point in my taper when I hit a couple bumps.  If you have to hold, I would just hold.  You could also consider tossing 1ml instead of of 2ml to slow down your rate of taper.  Whatever you decide to do, you control the rate of taper.  I think thats one of the  biggest advantages of titration over dry cutting.  Hang in there bro. 

Btw....I am in St. Louis and we already took Lugo off your hands....and he is hitting about .300 ..heheh....now it appears the Cardinals are trying to get John Smoltz to pitch in relief...do you think Smoltz has anything left at all?

Tim

I hated Lugo...but he was a good player in Tampa before he came to Boston. Some guys just can't take the media pressure up here. Same with Edgar Renteria.

I think Smoltz has something left in the tank. He just needs to regain command of his fastball.

sox , how you doing softtail here,    hope you taper is going well and you have solved all the concerns you had with getting your titration togeather.  As I mentioned earlier in a reply,  TC and I are using the titration process with water , cause both of us like to see the poison we remove going down the drain,  but of course milk works great and is probably more recommended here.    either way keep  at it and we will follow thuir to the end

ST.

Hi Softtail,

I've been using water as well. It's working great!

Hey Soxfan,

Tim

I hated Lugo...but he was a good player in Tampa before he came to Boston. Some guys just can't take the media pressure up here. Same with Edgar Renteria.

I think Smoltz has something left in the tank. He just needs to regain command of his fastball.

Lugo has been tearing it up in the NL..maybe he just needed a change of scenery.  I am glad we were able to unload Chris Ducan..just sorry that you guys got him.  He has been a major bust here in Saint Louis and alot of people, including some media members, were openly asking why he was on the team.  Many thought it was due to his father being a coach.  I tend to agree that he stayed here too long due to that fact.  The plan is to have Smoltz start a couple games then possibly move into the bullpen as the set up man.  It's weird hearing Smoltz and "fifth starter" in the same sentence.  It can only help the Cardinals to have a first ballot hall of famer on the staff.  I see your Sox have made it back into the lead in the wild card race.  You think they will catch the yankees?

Tim

Hey Soxfan,

Tim

Lugo has been tearing it up in the NL..maybe he just needed a change of scenery.  I am glad we were able to unload Chris Ducan..just sorry that you guys got him.  He has been a major bust here in Saint Louis and alot of people, including some media members, were openly asking why he was on the team.  Many thought it was due to his father being a coach.  I tend to agree that he stayed here too long due to that fact.  The plan is to have Smoltz start a couple games then possibly move into the bullpen as the set up man.  It's weird hearing Smoltz and "fifth starter" in the same sentence.  It can only help the Cardinals to have a first ballot hall of famer on the staff.  I see your Sox have made it back into the lead in the wild card race.  You think they will catch the yankees?

Tim

We might catch the Yankees now that we got rid of Smoltz and his astronomically high ERA! :-)

sox , glad to hear you got the titration down and its going good for you ,,,, same here for the moment.  hope the rest of my trip goes this good.  nearing the halfway point,  5 weeks to go for me.

ST.

Hi Soxfan,

Sounds like things may be settling down a little for you with the titration - I was kind of freaked out at first too but soon it all was very manageable and went smoothly.

I can't resist a little plug for a favorite son here in Oregon - we enjoy keeping track of Jacoby Ellsbury and hope he continues to do well. Just wish we could see him play more often!

Good luck to you...and the Sox,

Lynne  :thumbsup: