Softtail Titration Request

[so...]

Colin , thanks, I am not sure I ever really stabilized , if thats what you call it , from the original drop I tried, going from 1.5 mg. to .75 mg. in a 3 week period.  Before starting this I had no symptoms being on the clonazopam, other than depression, which may or may not been entirely due to the clonazopam, since I was prone to depression before .  I am at the 1mg mark, now and each day is different.  I have just attempted to spread the 1 mg. out over 3 doses, but I keep experiencing things I have not experienced before in my life.    I never had anxiety,  now for 3 to 4 days at a time , I have trouble getting a deep breath.  No sweats , or  fast heartbeat, just can't get that deep breath.  had it 2 weeks ago for 5 days , then it went away for a week , then came back Monday pm and is with me now.  Ever have this experience during your withdrawl? 

Just curious if this is what I have to look forward to over the 100 days or worse, or does the slow withdrawl generally keep symptoms on the mild side.Gotta get off this drug somehow , so I guess I will just have to suffer thru it. 

Is there a general expected , still have the symptoms , after being benzo free. no. of days.  I would expect after stopping it will still take 3 to 4 weeks for the drug to entirely leave my body.....

Actually, I did experience a feeling of not being able to catch my breath during my withdrawal. Of course, you should always discuss any new symptoms with your doctor, just in case they have a cause other than benzo-withdrawal.

People often report particular symptoms for just part of their withdrawal. If you feel that you been tapering too quickly, then stabilising your dose for a few weeks might be sensible.

Hi softtail,

Gasping for air and hyperventilating was one of my worst w/d symptoms.  I think I was a severe case.  At 11 months off I am still experiencing some breathing problems.  I smoke so I am sure that my lungs and sinuses were hit the hardest.  My lungs have been checked out and all is fine.  Just realize that you are getting oxygen and try to relax during these episodes while trying to do the deep breathing exercises.

Patty  xo

Question for anyone who reads this please

I actually believe I have stabilized somewhat after 4 weeks of having cut the clonazopam in half, then added back in 1 mg per doctors suggestion, so now am like restarting at 1mg.  to break up the      Now I just have the breathing problem that comes and goes, depending on how I can distract my mind from what I am doing.      now that I have stabilized, my question is can you actually withdraw too slowly.  Reason for asking this question, is  my depression has lifted, and symptoms are minor ( not counting breathing) . and I would like to think that a very slow withdrawl would keep them at bay,  so if I was to very slowly withdraw lets say at 10 % every 2 weeks or 2.5 weeks, would this work. 

I guess my question is , can withdrawing very very slowly actually be as bad as withdrawing too quickly, and or not even work.

anyone been there.

I actually believe I have stabilized somewhat after 4 weeks of having cut the clonazopam in half, then added back in 1 mg per doctors suggestion, so now am like restarting at 1mg.  to break up the      Now I just have the breathing problem that comes and goes, depending on how I can distract my mind from what I am doing.       now that I have stabilized, my question is can you actually withdraw too slowly.   Reason for asking this question, is  my depression has lifted, and symptoms are minor ( not counting breathing) . and I would like to think that a very slow withdrawl would keep them at bay,  so if I was to very slowly withdraw lets say at 10 % every 2 weeks or 2.5 weeks, would this work.   

I guess my question is , can withdrawing very very slowly actually be as bad as withdrawing too quickly, and or not even work.

anyone been there.

Going too slow could bring on tolerance withdrawal symptoms even though you are lowering your dose. But how slow is too slow, nobody really can say as with everything about these meds, everyone is different. You weren't on these meds too terribly long so you should be fine just taking your 1mg pill, crushing it and mixing with 100ml of milk and removing 1ml per day. At that rate, that would be 1% every day or 14% every two weeks. You can always slow things down, speed things up or even hold if you need to.  :thumbsup:

I actually believe I have stabilized somewhat after 4 weeks of having cut the clonazopam in half, then added back in 1 mg per doctors suggestion, so now am like restarting at 1mg.  to break up the      Now I just have the breathing problem that comes and goes, depending on how I can distract my mind from what I am doing.       now that I have stabilized, my question is can you actually withdraw too slowly.   Reason for asking this question, is  my depression has lifted, and symptoms are minor ( not counting breathing) . and I would like to think that a very slow withdrawl would keep them at bay,  so if I was to very slowly withdraw lets say at 10 % every 2 weeks or 2.5 weeks, would this work.   

anyone been there.

I responded on the thread you started about this subject, softtail.  :thumbsup: