Anyone ever get worse from updosing?

[Co...]

I up dosed because I had a bad experience with Vitamin D and K2. I was feeling horrible so I increased my dose by .5 mg for Valium. I actually feel better and worse. My seizure feeling isn't as bad but my tinnitus and burning feet are really bad. I feel a little out of it too. Just wondering if this is common? Why burning feet? I would think that would be less if I up dose.

Hello Cool,

I don't believe the pharmacokinetics of the benzodiazepinesare are sufficiently well understood to predict the effects of an updose in a given individual.

Logic suggests that if it takes up to ten days for a cut to have an effect, it may well take the same amount of time for an updose to be noticed ?

So whatever time it takes for you to have symptoms following a cut, that will be the time it takes for you to notice an updose.

As logic seems to have little place in Benzoworld this may be wrong, just another fairy story. :crazy:

spartacus

Thanks for the reply. I always feel my cuts by the 2nd day and especially the 3rd. Funny being it is Valium with this long half life. I think the duration of action is only about 4 to 5 hours for me. I dose 4x daily every 5 hours. I just don't get it. The horrible fatigue and seizure feeling is gone (for the most part) but I'm still pretty sick. I think I cut way to fast toward the end here. Took me 3 years to heal from back surgery and i assume it will take my brain about that long too. Darn it! 

Cool35...

I was just telling one of my friends that I thought my meds made my symptoms worse. You are the first person that has come close to saying anything abt this. Mine is not from updosing. I have been in w/d for 8 months. Put on valium to help w/d from k-pin. Jumped k-pin exactly 8 weeks ago and have been really sick. I am tapering slowly and get nailed on day 6-8 and it continues for 2 or 3 more days and then evens out. I just cut my pm dose yesterday. For the 2 or 3 days b4 the cut I would take my meds and then feel worse about an hour later. I could not find any other posts abt this. You would expect to feel better. I know I am going to be a mess again in a few days. Do you get worse just from updosing or from when you take anything at all?  :'(

Cool35...

I was just telling one of my friends that I thought my meds made my symptoms worse. You are the first person that has come close to saying anything abt this. Mine is not from updosing. I have been in w/d for 8 months. Put on valium to help w/d from k-pin. Jumped k-pin exactly 8 weeks ago and have been really sick. I am tapering slowly and get nailed on day 6-8 and it continues for 2 or 3 more days and then evens out. I just cut my pm dose yesterday. For the 2 or 3 days b4 the cut I would take my meds and then feel worse about an hour later. I could not find any other posts abt this. You would expect to feel better. I know I am going to be a mess again in a few days. Do you get worse just from updosing or from when you take anything at all?  :'(

I am another that is starting to think the same way. It seems like I feel worse a lot of times after I take my dosage when it starts taking effect. I have noticed this for quite awhile. It seems like my body is saying... Hey I've got this and then I take my dosage and it messes things up. I'm not brave enough to just stop completely and find out.

hey guys

Back in 2010 I tapered down from 1.5mg of K to .5 in about 8 months.  The sx became too much for me to handle so updosed to an even higher dose than I started with.  I went up to 2.5mg.  I know this is an extreem example but my sx were so much worse then they have ever been.  I think going up and down like that really confuses the gaba receptors and CAN make sx much worse. 

All the best

I'm another that suspects my daily dose may be doing more harm than good. When I was on 2mg's I accidentally took a double-dose one day and felt so much worse - totally, physically debilitated; remember just lying on the living-room floor trying to keep an eye on my two kids and cursing my stupid, forgetful benzo brain.

Lately mine has been after taking any dose. I attempted an up dose to see if it would help. I feel less sick but I'm still sick. Weird thing is I get different sx now and others went away. This stuff is gonna be the end of me! i really don't know what to do anymore. I also had a bad reaction to Vitamin D and vitamin K2. So that could be it too.

I seem to be experiencng the same phenomenum right now. Had to make a shift in my dose timing due to new suspected side effects, and that alone seems to have messed me up (after a long period of only mild wd). Reinstating a higher dose of one of my 2 meds seems to have made some things worse with my wd symptoms going off the charts at times and the meds making me feel simultaneously better at some moments, and like I just went cold turkey at others.

I've had similar experiences with non benzo meds (antibiotics, ssri's), when after taking them for an extended period of time and then not taking them for a long time, upon re-taking them discovered I had developed an intollerance and had unbearable side effects. So it is possible that the body and brain, having learned their lesson so to speak, decide that "no, I've done that, and it wasn't good for me, so reject!"

Metheral, what is sx? side effects? When this happened to you, how did you eventually deal with this double edged sword?

never. i updosed a few times. and i even updosed temporarily for a night or two a few times. never had a problem. but i always just updosed a little, whatever my las t cut was. except the one night only ones, then i took a whole pill!

Hi guys,

So I read everyone's posts and feel like I am not nuts for thinking this. I came home and took the evening dose and just like clockwork my ears are ringing louder and that weird smell on my skin is worse. I am exhausted and only want to get some sleep tonight. I think that there are some that have much worse w/d than others. I was REALLY bad 8 months ago and am still sick but the symptoms are different. Every time I cut I go into it so badly and then level out. The bad part is that I took this for chronic facial pain. There was always a bad thudding in my face even with the meds. Last year I realized that the thudding was gone. That is why I stopped the k-pin CT. I had no idea. So now I do not need the meds anymore but it has taken me the better part of a year to get down this far. I think one of the worst things for me is parasthesia. Pins and needles in my chin constantly. I thought I was having a stroke and went to the Dr. He was so uncool when I told him what was going on. It made me furious. I now have a different Dr. who is great. But still... k-pin is the beast. I feel like it will be another year before I am done. It freaks me out b/c the only people that can possibly understand is all of you. It is so hard. I am so grateful to have you to talk to. :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
It's called a paradoxilical reaction. I was getting it bad. As soon as I went c/t I instantly felt better for a day and then the withdrawal started happening. So I guess I wasn't crazy thinking my V was making me sicker.

I have pins and needles in my left side chin. I find the left side top of head too has strange numby, tingles . My lip on left is also strange. I have very cracked lips and find that because they are numb I pull at them and cause them to be sore. Weird hey? This is one strange ride!

Pinkie:

I have numbness and tingling in my chin also. Also in my feet. I can't feel my lips sometimes.  I have read abt others w the same symptoms.

Cool35:

I still have a intensity in w/d symptoms when I take my pm dose. Thanks for the explanation. It is weird b/c it does not bother me in the morning. I take the v. at night and within an hour I feel like hell. The only thing that has gotten better is that I am sleeping better. Only one sleepless night in the last 3 weeks.

Hi all,

Learned something from Cool35 tonight. My question out there was, 'Does anyone feel worse after taking a dose?' He explained it to me as a paradoxical reaction which is explained as follows:

From wikipedia:

A paradoxical reaction or paradoxical effect is an effect of medical treatment, usually a drug, opposite to the effect which would normally be expected.

An example of a paradoxical reaction is when a pain relief medication causes an increase in pain.

Or, if a benzo dose makes you feel much worse instead of easing it. Every a.m. when I take my dose I feel better. Every night I take my dose and I feel like hell. This is why. Anyone else?

I tapered WAY too fast and was down to 2.2 and held a good while. After a bad ER trip followed by 4 bad liquid formulations that made me sick, I updosed to 3 mg. I wish I'd held onto 2.2 longer. I have a LOT of nasty symptoms at 3 that I didn't have at 2.2. Blurred vision, burning bones, arthritis feeling in hands and all joints, heavy stiff limbs, bad tinnitus, head pain, and spinal pain so bad I can't stand, walk, or sleep. I had some bad sx on 2.2, but NONE of these I just listed 

My guess is that I've just built up too much toxic metabolites in too many tissues. My liver enzymes and pancreatic enzyme are elevated too, so I know I'm not processing very well.

I do, on the other hand, still get a bit of therapeutic effect following my (toxic) doses.

Onelove...

I am sorry to hear that you too are having such a hard time. When I am not too sick to think straight, I remember my Dr's talking to me years ago abt how Klonopin was a safer alternative to prescription pain meds. I have been on pain meds many times for the same thing and have never been ill when I dropped the dose down or stopped. The hardest part of all of this is how long it takes and how huge the w/d is. I keep getting told that we will all get through this. I have to believe it.