Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sue needs help with titration

[...]

I'm new here. I'm glad you can help me. I thought I had it all figured out but if you think I should do it better, I will.

Start date:          April 20

Dose:                .5mg Clonazapam (Klonopin)

Tablet dose:        .5mg Clonazapam

number of tablets: 1

Taper rate:          1/4 tsp in a 4tsp syringe (it shows 5ml also)

Clylinder details:    I'm using 1/3 cup water in a 1 cup pyrex measure

Thanks

Sue 

Hi Sue,

I've split off your post to form a new thread (topic).

Is your present dose 0.5mg Klonopin per day?

Have you already started your titration? If so, what dose do you take?

I gave my schedule someplace else---under colin's instructions-- :idiot:

Can I use nonfat milk?

Can someone please advise me if I'm doing this right?

Start date:          April 20, 2009

Dose:                .5mg Clonazapam per day     

Tablet dose:        .125mg titrated, the rest taken dry cut during the day:

Number of tablets:  One .5mg tablet taken as follows: one quarter tablet water titrated, the rest of the tablet dry cut and taken during day.

Taper rate:          1/4 tsp per day (the syringe also has ml markings)

Cylinder details:    1/3 cup water in a 1 cup pyrex measure

I take 1/4 tablet dry at 4am, same amount at 12 noon, same amount at 8pm, and the water titrated amount at 9pm. For a total of 4 quarters a day of a .5mg tablet.

I put the peice in the water and let it sit for 10 or so minutes. This is done in a mini-blender called Magic Bullet. I use the small container that happens to have a faint line where it's 1/3 cup.  Then I shake it and blend it.  It still settles a little, so I stir it with the syringe measure and quickly remove from the middle of the liquid.

As the amount to be removed gets greater, I am planning to use a tablespoon measure or 1/4 cup measure.

72 days; 72, 1/4 tsps in 1/3 cup water.

Can I improve on this plan?

Thanks,

Sue,

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you make up 1/3 of cup of liquid per day (about 83ml), and you reduce your dose by a 1/4 tsp per day (1.25ml). 1.25ml from 83ml is 1.5% of your dose. This equates to a taper rate of 10.5% a week - this is within the range of commonly used taper rates employed by our members. Your method is fine, but if you feel that it becomes too much, just stabilise your dose for a few days before restarting your taper.

Good luck. :)

I gave my schedule someplace else---under colin's instructions-- :idiot:

Can I use nonfat milk?

If you use nonfat milk, you might as well use water.  The idea of using the full-fat milk has to do with the benzo binding to the fat in the milk so it's more evenly distributed.  Many people do use water, though.  I think you have the right idea by stirring again before drawing off the amount to discard.  Using water makes it easier to see the particles settling.

Can someone please advise me if I'm doing this right?

Start date:          April 20, 2009

Dose:                 .5mg Clonazapam per day     

Tablet dose:        .125mg titrated, the rest taken dry cut during the day:

Number of tablets:  One .5mg tablet taken as follows: one quarter tablet water titrated, the rest of the tablet dry cut and taken during day.

Taper rate:           1/4 tsp per day (the syringe also has ml markings)

Cylinder details:     1/3 cup water in a 1 cup pyrex measure

I take 1/4 tablet dry at 4am, same amount at 12 noon, same amount at 8pm, and the water titrated amount at 9pm. For a total of 4 quarters a day of a .5mg tablet.

I put the peice in the water and let it sit for 10 or so minutes. This is done in a mini-blender called Magic Bullet. I use the small container that happens to have a faint line where it's 1/3 cup.  Then I shake it and blend it.  It still settles a little, so I stir it with the syringe measure and quickly remove from the middle of the liquid.

As the amount to be removed gets greater, I am planning to use a tablespoon measure or 1/4 cup measure.

72 days; 72, 1/4 tsps in 1/3 cup water.

Can I improve on this plan?

Thanks,

Sue,

I think Colin responded above that the amount you are reducing/withdrawing is a good starting place.  I think the process you are using is also fine.  Since you are using a syringe (with 1 ml markings?), you should be able to draw off the correct amount all the way to the end.  :thumbsup: Good luck.

Thank you Colin,

I realized my mistake and put all my details under another thread--someone else's thread.

I was dry cutting every 2 weeks since last September. Began at 1.5mg Klonopin. When I got to .5mg, April 5, I could'nt go any farther. It was quite bad. It's a little better now. I was going down 1/16mg every 2 weeks.

I started my titration April 20 with.5mg Klonopin. and titrating .125mg. the other 3 quarters of a pill I dry cut them and  take at other times. and am dividing it up like this: 4am 1/4 pill, 12noon same, 8pm same, 9pm water titrate 1/4 of pill.

Thank you so very much.

Susan  ( I forgot how to copy and paste) very confused. It took a long time for me to figure this out.

Thank you so much Colin and Beeper

So 1/3 cup=83ml. And  10.5% rate is what I'm doing. Thank you... I did'nt know.  :angel:

Sue

Hi Sue,

Could you just clarify something for us?

are you just taking out 1/4 tsp (1.25ml) a day, every day for a week or two, and then dropping again? Or are you accumulating your cuts each day? For example, 1/4 tsp(1.25ml) on day one, 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) on day two, 3/4 tsp (3.75ml) on day three, etc.