Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I'm Ready to Start this Clon Taper

[hu...]

Hi again, I'm Hush.

As my good friend with the square pants is wont to say...

"I'm ready! I'm ready!" to climb out of this Well of Clon!

I need some help/advice with a titration schedule.

Here are my stats:

Been on clonazepam for about 2 months but have quickly developed a strong dependency on it (I have past issues with drug addiction, including opiates- for some reason my body soaks this stuff up like a sponge).

My daily dosage is:

0.5 mg pill in the morning

0.5 mg pill at night

for a total of 1 mg per day.

After some botched attempts at cold turkey I have stabilized at this dosage for 2 weeks now.

I want to start a milk titration taper this week.  I plan on going down 1% each day, and see how my body likes this.  I can crush my pills quite well with spoons, the only thing I need to get a hold of is a good measuring device which I will acquire in the next few days.

Any help or advice with a schedule would be much appreciated.  Can I just plan to keep going down 1% every day until...hopefully by day 100 I will be benzo free? (but imaginably will feel pretty messed up)

Thank you all in advance- I hope you have a wonderful week.

Also, I'm in the process of writing a poem about this experience...but it's rather dark and dismal.  Where should I post it?  I would feel bad putting it in the inspirational section... ;-)

Hi again, I'm Hush.

As my good friend with the square pants is wont to say...

"I'm ready! I'm ready!" to climb out of this Well of Clon!

I need some help/advice with a titration schedule.

Here are my stats:

Been on clonazepam for about 2 months but have quickly developed a strong dependency on it (I have past issues with drug addiction, including opiates- for some reason my body soaks this stuff up like a sponge).

My daily dosage is:

0.5 mg pill in the morning

0.5 mg pill at night

for a total of 1 mg per day.

After some botched attempts at cold turkey I have stabilized at this dosage for 2 weeks now.

I want to start a milk titration taper this week.  I plan on going down 1% each day, and see how my body likes this.  I can crush my pills quite well with spoons, the only thing I need to get a hold of is a good measuring device which I will acquire in the next few days.

Any help or advice with a schedule would be much appreciated.  Can I just plan to keep going down 1% every day until...hopefully by day 100 I will be benzo free? (but imaginably will feel pretty messed up)

Thank you all in advance- I hope you have a wonderful week.

Also, I'm in the process of writing a poem about this experience...but it's rather dark and dismal.  Where should I post it?  I would feel bad putting it in the inspirational section... ;-)

Good deal, Hush.  :thumbsup:

What strength pills do you have?  What date do you want to start?  Do you already have the titration supplies?

You can post your poem on the Off-Topic board if you like.

Hi Hush,

Colin will help you with a titration schedule when he gets back. You should do fine with a 1% per day taper. If things get rough, you can always hold for a few days or even slow it down some.

You can post your poem on the Off Topic board.  :thumbsup:

T2 :smitten:

Thanks Bepper and T2.

The current pills I have are 0.5 mg clonazepam.

I take two a day- one in the morning, one at night,

so my total per day is 1 mg.

I'm actually having trouble finding a good measuring device.  Where can I find something like a beaker?  A scientific supply store or hobby shop or something?  I was going to use a pyrex measurer like for the kitchen but there's not enough markings...any suggestions?  I live in the northwest US...

Hi

Yeah just google beakers and there are all kinds of sites, maybe your pharmacist can help. You know 1% a day would be 100ml minus 1 ml a day for a 100days, but wait for Colin

Take care

Bobers

Thanks Bepper and T2.

The current pills I have are 0.5 mg clonazepam.

I take two a day- one in the morning, one at night,

so my total per day is 1 mg.

I'm actually having trouble finding a good measuring device.  Where can I find something like a beaker?  A scientific supply store or hobby shop or something?  I was going to use a pyrex measurer like for the kitchen but there's not enough markings...any suggestions?  I live in the northwest US...

I got mine from sciencestuff.com

:)

Thx Bobers, and thxs again T2.

I just ordered a 100 ml cylinder and a dropper so they should arrive later this week.

And if you like poetry- you can anticipate my poems coming up.  I like to...write...

;)

Gratefully Yours,

Hush

[in the Well of Clon for 2 months...starting the climb]

Hey hush,

Just dropping by to wish you well on your Klonopin taper!    :)

Adding you to my buddy prayer list!  :thumbsup:

Phyllis  :smitten:

Hi Hushplease,

Just let me know when you receive the cylinder. I'll need to know the size of the cylinder and size of the marked increments.

Thanks Colin- I'm all set now and ready to start this climb/fall.

:thumbsup:

To recap:

I'm on 1 mg clonazepam per day.

My pills are 0.5 mg.

I take one in the morning, one at night.

I have a really nice 100 ml glass cylinder with clearly defined 1 ml markings, and I have an eyedropper as well (I thought that would help).  I have tried crushing the pills with spoons and this works quite well- puts them into a nice powder.

Now that I'm all set, I'd like to start the taper as soon as possible.  I have been on this drug since end of February this year- so it hasn't been that long.  But as you may have seen in my other posts I have had some extreme reactions with trying to quit straight off- evidently my body has developed a strong dependency even though it's only been a few months.

I haven't spoken with you before but word around is that you are the taper guru and I want to thank you in advance for your support.  I have family to confide in, and a therapist, but they aren't able to help me out with the specifics of how to go about getting off this train safely.  Gladly for them, they have never had any experience with benzo addiction.

Tomorrow (Friday) I'm going to start taking my regular .5 mg doses in milk solution just so I can get used to it until I hear from you regarding a schedule.

Interestingly enough...I'm actually excited to start getting off this.  Whatever symptoms will hit- bring it on, I say.  I'm looking forward to that horizon I can just catch a glimpse of when I won't have to swallow these little things every day just to feel okay.  :sick:

Gratefully yours,

Hush

Hi,

I should write up some advice on this, but I think it is sensible to have a plastic cylinder, of similar size and with similar sized increments, as a back-up. Glass is certainly better when it comes to ease of cleaning, but if you do have an accident with the glass cylinder, having a plastic one in place while you find a replacement is only sensible. I'll add this to the main document about titration.

I'll write up your schedule later today, with a start date of the 25th.

:)

Thanks Colin.

Really appreciate it.

Ya...plastic backup tube would be good especially for me.  I'm sometimes a little...clumsy...

:laugh:

Interestingly enough...I'm actually excited to start getting off this.  Whatever symptoms will hit- bring it on, I say.  I'm looking forward to that horizon I can just catch a glimpse of when I won't have to swallow these little things every day just to feel okay.   :sick:

Hey hush,

Just catching up on what's going on with you while I feel semi-normal this morning.  

Keep that positive attitude going strong!  It will definitely be your best friend throughout this whole journey!    :thumbsup:

If you havn't done so yet, don't forget to mosy on over and start yourself a blog!    :)

Praying for us all a speedy recovery!  

Phyllis    :smitten:

Hi Hushplease,

Here's your titration schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-hushplease-2009-04-25.html

Please add the following code to your signature in your profile:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-hushplease-2009-04-25.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Always use a whole 0.5mg pill for your liquid (just one pill). Always make up 100ml, but drink just the amount indicated by the schedule. In addition to the liquid, you will take another 0.5mg pill per day (divide to suit), until you have finished titrating your first pill.

Please ask here if you have any questions.

Good luck.