Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Adrenal Fatigue Thread

[Cl...]

Great thread! Great information. Question~ why is chewable vitamin c not advised?? I have read it can take 2 years to reverse a severe form of AF. One thing I have learned through all the hell of benzos is that we all need to really take excellent care of our bodies, it really is so important. Also, it takes a long time to reverse all the damage of benzos and poor nutrition--its takes tons of patience, and determination. Best of luck to everyone, jenny

• 1 month later...

Try D-Ribose.  Google Dr. Teitelbaum.  His research on this stuff is amazing.  I have been on it for only three weeks now.  All of my muscle and joint pain is gone, I have gone from barely being able to get out of the house to doing a lot more.  I still have 28 mg of Diazepam to got too and no withdrawal symptoms.

Think about it.  We all went on meds because we weren't feeling good to begin with for one reason or the other.  D-Ribose is a simple sugar that helps the body make ATP.  When our CNS has been blown we have a harder time making enough to repair cells, so we have to supplement with it.

It's been nothing short of a miracle for me.

• 2 years later...
Great thread and posts!  I had severe adrenal fatigue before and during benzos and it has taken me a couple of years or so to heal.  I lost a lot of weight, muscle and was bedridden-my whole body was in survival mode and severely downregulated. Had no choice but to slow down, revamp my eating, drink enough water, de-stress and careful supplementation were all helpful.  Was able to slowly recover even on and tapering off benzos thankfully. 

Great thread and posts!  I had severe adrenal fatigue before and during benzos and it has taken me a couple of years or so to heal.  I lost a lot of weight, muscle and was bedridden-my whole body was in survival mode and severely downregulated. Had no choice but to slow down, revamp my eating, drink enough water, de-stress and careful supplementation were all helpful.  Was able to slowly recover even on and tapering off benzos thankfully.

You are off Clonazepam and recovered from af.  Congratulations!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: