Important Survey - Please Participate ×

ALDI

[Nu...]

My small town is getting an ALDI. Grand opening is tomorrow.

Anyone here shop at ALDI? Is it as good as they say it is? Are prices reasonable?

Tell me what you think.

My small town is getting an ALDI. Grand opening is tomorrow.

Anyone here shop at ALDI? Is it as good as they say it is? Are prices reasonable?

Tell me what you think.

I went into our ALDI once and I wasn't that impressed. Haven't been back, still a Walmart shopper.

We have several in Pa. but I think you will find it challenging for good fresh food. Would not touch the produce at all. Watch out for the  expiration dates on cans etc. I did see some bargains in the frozen section.

Cerals seem to be a bargain too. But I would be worried where it all really comes from.

Of course if you have a a big family and cost is paramount some of it might be worth while, just be careful. That is just my impresson for waht it is worth.

Sandy

I used to shop ALDI in the midwest  every few weeks but I was fussy on what I got there.  We left the midwest 5 years ago. 

I would plan a trip right after the produce arrived, picked from the bottom on the pile, so it was fresh otherwise produce would rot.  We found they were very busy on weekends and first of month after food stamps came out so I planned my trips to get out of there fast. 

We liked their cinnamon graham crackers but hated their plain ones.  My husband liked the oyster crackers and we liked the snack "ritz" type crackers.  I would pick up canned kidney and chili beans and chunk cheese there too.  I would pick up brand name things you would find there often.  There were a few other things we would buy there and many things I wouldn't.  I liked some of what they brought in for Dec holidays. 

When we first shopped there we would buy cat litter there but they changed the style so we had stopped doing that. 

Remember to bring your own bags or boxes, bring money to "rent" a cart (quarter when we moved - you got it back at the end). 

I think how you feel about them might be determined by what else is available where you live. 

Hey Annie you sure got it all down right to the quarter. lol

I think we gave Nurse Tanya some good info and she should be well aware of what to expect with the place now.

Good luck Tanya happy shopping for those bagain items and good buys.

Pennyblue

Aldi Is good If you are trying to squeeze pennys. Like myself. Its not amazing food though. Its all off brand. but,  "what wont fat, will fill" as my grandma always used to say. O and they dont bag your stuff, you either gotta buy bags or bring your own. At least thats how it is up here. But yea def some good deals, Just watch exp dates. Got a couple things that were past the date last time I went..........