Anybody diagnosed with Candida?

[wo...]

Hi T,

wow! that test does sound really good. i need the name of the test again. and now i'm scared i might have ME.

i don't know what to do with myself? i am still kindling so badly i could think anything. and right now i am still so underweight that i am not even eating the anti candida way at all. i know i need to but i was 87 pounds t wo weeks ago and now i am about 90 pounds.

i need to be about 115 or more. and i am still so sick i can't make any food for myself so i'm just eating what my mother gives me and since she wants me to gain weight too i am eating a lot of bread with cream cheese which i never do.

Dan you have some good idea about candida too. i've been battling candida for years upon years. but due to benzo's and trying to taper and being sick all the time from that i never really stayed true to the anti candida diet all the way. i am pretty good for the most part with as much cultured foods and probiotics as possible but i could do so much more.

and i will. i am going to start the GAPS diet and i got the book so i will be reading about it.

i have nystatin powder but i don't want to start it yet.

as Dan says the die off can mimic a benzo withdrawal as it does produce alcohol. it does also produce a toxic ammonia that goes directly to the brain so i know i need to keep things in check.

i am going to start with this really gentle and great colon cleansing. it will be the first thing i start with while i am still in a kindling withdrawal. i have to wait until my brain settles a little. but deeper cleansing are essential. i also still have to taper from the suboxone opiate but i dare not do anything while i am still kindling like this. those of you who don't know what kindling is, there is a post about it on the withdrawals and you can google 'kindling substance withdrawal' and the right one should pop up. it's horrible.

i hope everything goes well with all that you will be doing Thisbe. please keep in touch. and you can PM me whenever you like. i am very interested in the tests name and good that you have a good doc and that it's cheap. i have medicare and medical and i don't have a doc right now. is there a way to find a doc who does what your doc does?

pretty

Hi, Thisbe:

Sorry to break in off-topic, but your PM box is full. I can see you're tired and busy...no, make that exhausted and recuperating. From what I can tell, things went well. Anyway, nothing urgent here; when you have time you might drop me a PM.

Aweigh

Hi Aweigh

You're right, I seriously need to do some housekeeping..going to take me a while to catch up here I think.  Hope all is as well as possible with you.

T

Hi T,

wow! that test does sound really good. i need the name of the test again. and now i'm scared i might have ME.

i don't know what to do with myself? i am still kindling so badly i could think anything. and right now i am still so underweight that i am not even eating the anti candida way at all. i know i need to but i was 87 pounds t wo weeks ago and now i am about 90 pounds.

i need to be about 115 or more. and i am still so sick i can't make any food for myself so i'm just eating what my mother gives me and since she wants me to gain weight too i am eating a lot of bread with cream cheese which i never do.

Dan you have some good idea about candida too. i've been battling candida for years upon years. but due to benzo's and trying to taper and being sick all the time from that i never really stayed true to the anti candida diet all the way. i am pretty good for the most part with as much cultured foods and probiotics as possible but i could do so much more.

and i will. i am going to start the GAPS diet and i got the book so i will be reading about it.

i have nystatin powder but i don't want to start it yet.

as Dan says the die off can mimic a benzo withdrawal as it does produce alcohol. it does also produce a toxic ammonia that goes directly to the brain so i know i need to keep things in check.

i am going to start with this really gentle and great colon cleansing. it will be the first thing i start with while i am still in a kindling withdrawal. i have to wait until my brain settles a little. but deeper cleansing are essential. i also still have to taper from the suboxone opiate but i dare not do anything while i am still kindling like this. those of you who don't know what kindling is, there is a post about it on the withdrawals and you can google 'kindling substance withdrawal' and the right one should pop up. it's horrible.

i hope everything goes well with all that you will be doing Thisbe. please keep in touch. and you can PM me whenever you like. i am very interested in the tests name and good that you have a good doc and that it's cheap. i have medicare and medical and i don't have a doc right now. is there a way to find a doc who does what your doc does?

pretty

Hi Pretty

Sorry I've been MIA (or inaction) and it's taken me so long to answer this. 

The test is called the Metametrix Comprehensive Profile.  Although some of their other tests may also give you the bacterial overgrowth result, I'm not sure on that.  As for doctors - which country are you in? 

And the fear of having ME - what is the MS diagnosis based upon?  It's all quite complicated and confusing as ME patients have been shown to have lesions on MRIs as well, although they tend to be of different sizes and patterns (finding a radiologist or doctor who has this knowledge and knows what to look for and how to interpret is another matter though).  Really there are many similarities between the two diseases anyway and what's helpful to treat one will likely help the other.  For example the Wahl(s? - I never remember) diet and the fodmap one seem to have helped a lot of people I know. 

I have to say I haven't noticed any dramatic worsening of symptoms that I can put down to the antibiotics.  But I did as a precaution make sure I wouldn't be tapering and trying to kill off the candida at the same time. 

Hope some of that helps and I'll try to be around more when I can now.   

T

Hi T,

I live in Ventura, Ca. i wouldn't really know where to find a good doctor who could do that test? i've been to do many doctor's. and when i got out of detox i went to another slew of doctor's who all thought i was crazy because i was still in a 'benzo withdrawal' after 2 weeks when they all thought i should be so well and enjoying life.

i don't know if i had MS or if it was protracted w/d? i do have leison's but the neurologist says they are not 'active'. i do have new leison's since the MRI on 6/8/12 but again he said there are no leison's that are active.

i won't know until i am totally healed of this benzo kindling withdrawal...

but i am sure interested in taking a test like that. i would love to know what to do about the systemic candida i may have or may not. i hope we can keep in touch about this because right now i am still too sick and tired to do anything at all excpet lay in bed all day and get on the computer for a few hours at night.

pretty

Hi T,

I live in Ventura, Ca. i wouldn't really know where to find a good doctor who could do that test? i've been to do many doctor's. and when i got out of detox i went to another slew of doctor's who all thought i was crazy because i was still in a 'benzo withdrawal' after 2 weeks when they all thought i should be so well and enjoying life.

i don't know if i had MS or if it was protracted w/d? i do have leison's but the neurologist says they are not 'active'. i do have new leison's since the MRI on 6/8/12 but again he said there are no leison's that are active.

i won't know until i am totally healed of this benzo kindling withdrawal...

but i am sure interested in taking a test like that. i would love to know what to do about the systemic candida i may have or may not. i hope we can keep in touch about this because right now i am still too sick and tired to do anything at all excpet lay in bed all day and get on the computer for a few hours at night.

pretty

Hi Pretty,

I have a few friends with ME who are in the US so if you're interested in trying to find an integrative doctor I can put out a few feelers and see if anyone has any names they can suggest?

I understand very well the simply being too sick to be able to do much about anything situation (I also meant to say in my last reply that I very much understand how it is when you are relying on someone else to prepare meals for you and on a strict diet).  I'm not going anywhere in a hurry so we can keep chatting at a pace we can both manage. 

T XX 

Firstly everyone has candida, it's natural and perfectly healthy within proper margins. Also, most everyone on a typical american diet has candida overgrowth. I've struggled with it and I eat healthier than the average person. Candida overgrowth symptoms include mood swings, depression, anxiety & cloudy thinking. Eating clean will only help your mental health. Limit processed foods, sugars etc..

Eat whole, unprocessed foods.....veggies, meats, eggs, sweet potatoes and plenty of water.

When I do this, it helps with my with drawl journey.

Hi T,

that would be wonderful. i can hardly keep up with anything as of yet. i am still only able to lay on my cozy couch (where i sleep at night too)  all day long. my nervous system is going to need a long time. and although am healing, there are those times when i still think the Dr. at the detox put something inside my brain and that it will always be this way. my nervous system is still tremoring like there is a tuning fork in my core. but eating well will be the one thing i will be able to do for myself and when i am stronger, i will be able to do that. i do wish to learn more about The Gaps diet and i did purchase the book. been too sick to even start that.

i would love to be able to find an Integrative Doc who can not only help me with diet but all those tests you spoke about and also someone who does the phase 1 phase 11 test for the liver, all the vitamin deficiency test, thyroid, all those tests when i am ready. so if you could see what anyone suggests for my area or even Santa Barbara or Ojai, Ca. that would be great!

Merry Christmas! it's officially Christmas and no presents ;( whhaaaa

I have had thrush and a terribly itchy rear end a couple of times, that turned out to be yeast infections.  Only reason I figured that out, is the Dr. gave me one pill of Diflucan and within a couple of days the symptoms were gone.  Candida I think is yeast, right?  This might have already been said, I did not read this entire thread.

yes, candidiasis, candida is an over growth of yeast. we all have yeast in our bodies which are mostly harmless microorganisms which help us to digest food, helps to convert nutrients in the body. things like antibiotics, drugs, medication removes our normal flora which then causes an invasion of pathogenic microorganisms such as candida albicans.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi T,

that would be wonderful. i can hardly keep up with anything as of yet. i am still only able to lay on my cozy couch (where i sleep at night too)  all day long. my nervous system is going to need a long time. and although am healing, there are those times when i still think the Dr. at the detox put something inside my brain and that it will always be this way. my nervous system is still tremoring like there is a tuning fork in my core. but eating well will be the one thing i will be able to do for myself and when i am stronger, i will be able to do that. i do wish to learn more about The Gaps diet and i did purchase the book. been too sick to even start that.

i would love to be able to find an Integrative Doc who can not only help me with diet but all those tests you spoke about and also someone who does the phase 1 phase 11 test for the liver, all the vitamin deficiency test, thyroid, all those tests when i am ready. so if you could see what anyone suggests for my area or even Santa Barbara or Ojai, Ca. that would be great!

Merry Christmas! it's officially Christmas and no presents ;( whhaaaa

Hi Pretty

Sorry (again) that it's taken me so long to respond.  The end of year always feels like madness even when you're housebound and up to doing almost nothing somehow.  I guess it just takes me beyond my limits even with the little 'extras' to do and take part in. 

I'm had totally forgotten about our integrative dr discussion, I'm going to go and send a message to the US people I know now and see if anything comes out of it.  Fingers xed. 

T XX

Hi Pretty

I've got a couple of suggestions for you from my US friends.  The first one was this place:  http://integrativemedicinecenters.com/  As far as I know that's not a recommendation based on personal experience though.  The other suggestion is something I've done before so I have no idea why I didn't think of it earlier:

'If she contacts Metametrix through their website, they will email her a list of doctors in the area who already have accounts set up. Same with Genova.'

I hope that gives you a good lead to start with.  I'd probably try the Metametrix suggestion and then make a few queries/do a few google searches to follow up the names they give you.  Wishing you luck!

T  XX

Thank you T,

so should i wait until they contact you through Metametrix? i will book mark the site you gave to me. it's 2am and time for bed. so i will read it tomorrow../

pretty

Oh sorry, no Pretty - I just copied their quote directly.  They were suggesting that you contact Metametrix yourself to ask for recommended practitioners who use their tests. 

XX T

Hi T,

okay, so i can contact Metametrix through the Integrativemedicinedoctors website? i probably won't be doing any kind of testing for awhile since i am still so new in recovery. i don't want things to come up that aren't there or vice versa. i can see how peeps in benzo w/d can start to see everything as being 'wrong' and i just want to make sure the tests come up right.

thanks, pretty

Hi T,

okay, so i can contact Metametrix through the Integrativemedicinedoctors website? i probably won't be doing any kind of testing for awhile since i am still so new in recovery. i don't want things to come up that aren't there or vice versa. i can see how peeps in benzo w/d can start to see everything as being 'wrong' and i just want to make sure the tests come up right.

thanks, pretty

Oh gosh, I think I am totally confusing you here.  No, the integrative docs website was another suggestion - just google Metametrix and contact them through their own website.  I agree with you that it's probably not the best time to test, when things are still changing.  You probably want to reach some kind of equilibrium and then see what is where.  Although... it might be worth seeing if they do a plain candida test by itself? 

Take care Pretty.

XX T

• Popular Now