Important Survey - Please Participate ×

titration schedule please.

[ma...]

colin reinstated 2 weeks ago on 1/4 three times a day of 0.5 klonopin. i feel stable at this point to start titration. i have my cylinder and medicine dropper and would like to taper 10 to 14 days. i want to go slow as possible . i have plenty of pills to deal with so thats not a problem but need step by step instructions on how to do this. this will be a new adventure for me. tyvm  marianne

Hi Marianne,

To confirm, you have (from information you have posted elsewhere on the forum):

1. A 250ml cylinder;

2. You take a dose of 0.375mg Klonopin per day;

3. And you wish to taper at 10% over 14 days.

Additionally, I need to know the following:

4. A start date;

5. How many pills (or fractions of pills) you take per day;

6. The dose of the pills you use;

7. And the size of the increments marked on your 250ml cylinder.

Please allow me 48 hours to write up the schedule.

Thanks.

TY COLIN. AS SOON AS YOU MAKE UP THE SCHEDULE I WILL START YOU SAID 48 HOURS TO MAKE IT UP THATS WHEN ILL START.IVE BEEN ON THIS DOSE NOW FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS. I DID REINSTATE 3 WEEKS AGO. I AM NOW TAKING 1/4 EVERY 8 HOURS 3 TIMES A DAY OF KLONOPIN.THE KLONOPIN IS 0.5 MILLIGRAMS. IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY INCLEMENTS BUT ON MY CYLINDER IT STARTS OFF AT 20 AND GOES ALL THE WAY UP TO 250:2+2ML THATS WHAT IT SAYS ON THE CYLINDER.I DIDNT GET A BLENDER OR MORTAR IF NEED BE I WILL GET ONE UNLESS I CAN MIX ANOTHER WAY. TY SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.  MARIANNE

Hi Marianne,

Here's your schedule based upon the figures you supplied: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-marianne-2009-01-11.html

Please copy the following code to your signature (Profile >> Forum Profile Information >> add code to Signature box >> click Change Profile):

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-marianne-2009-01-11.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Make up a fresh batch of 250ml liquid each day, but drink just the amount specified by the schedule. Use one whole pill (0.5mg) with the 250ml of liquid. The first dose of 186ml (from 250ml) includes your first small cut from 3/4 of a pill.

The daily dose indicated by the schedule should be split into three smaller doses to replace your quarter-pill (three-times-a-day) present dose. For example, on your first day, you make up 250ml, and take three doses of something like 62ml, 62ml, 62ml (total of 186ml).

I hope this is clear, but please post any questions you might have about the schedule.

Hi Marianne,

There is 500 character limit in signatures. You seemed to have some extra (unintended) characters in your signature, so I removed them. This left enough room for me to add the link to your schedule. ;)

colin im so sorry to bother you but am a bit confused. i mixed my batch of 186ml. if im starting at 250 and on 186 how much do i extract with the medicine dropper? than day 2 184 ml again how much do i extract with the medicine dropper?1 ml each day or increase each day. ty marianne

marianne  :mybuddy:

Make up a fresh batch of 250ml liquid each day, but drink just the amount specified by the schedule. To come up with the 186ml to drink throughout the day on your usual dose schedule, you would remove 250-186= 64ml with a syringe or measured dropper.  This is NOT the same as mixing up 186ml to start.  It's the removal of the 64ml that starts your dose reduction, then 66 ml and so forth.  Since you have already mixed up 186ml and started with that dose today, you can do one of 2 things tomorrow:

1. Use that method to reduce by 66ml (250-184) tomorrow and continue with the schedule Colin gave you.

2. Repeat Day 1 by mixing up 250ml, removing 64ml so you again take 186ml throughout the day.

Technically, the 2nd option is the most accurate but the difference between the two is so small, I really don't think you'd have a problem just starting out preparing it the right way on Day 2 of your schedule (250-66 =184).

It will get easier.  I promise.  :thumbsup: 

i understand the 186 ect but wasnt sure how much to take out with medicine dropper.my dropper only goes up to 5ml 1 teaspoon im so sorry its a little difficult. to remove 64 with dropper how would i do that. dont mean to be difficult  marianne

i understand the 186 ect but wasnt sure how much to take out with medicine dropper.my dropper only goes up to 5ml 1 teaspoon im so sorry its a little difficult. to remove 64 with dropper how would i do that. dont mean to be difficult  marianne

marianne,

After stirring your solution well, you can pour off the amount and use the dropper to adjust the minute amount to the exact measurement. Hope this helps.