Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Have a question about wd and stablizing. Feel like crap

[Mi...]

If you look at my signature, you will see that I went a bit to low on a cut and went back up a little. Ive been having bad wd's approx an hour to hour and half before I take my dose. I'm now taking .5 klonopin a day. breaking it up and taking it three times a day. total of .5 mg

Just last week, I was taking .75 mg a day.  .25 three times a day and wasnt having any wd's. My question is, should I go back to .75, and stay stabled for a week or so and then start titration, or, should I stick at my dose now of .5 a day and ride out the wd's? If y'all think I should stay at .5 a day, how long will the wd's last? It sucks so bad feeling good for hours and then BAMM!!!!!!, the chit hits hard and your laying in your bed hurting, full of anixiety and crying.

I take my evening dose at 12:30, and tonight around 10:30 I got feeling really bad, crying, anxiety, body hurting and some fear. However, now, at 11:45, Im feeling a good bit better. It went away fairly quickly and I havnt taken my evening dose yet..

I'm just not sure what to do.

Thank God my wife is understanding.

Thanks for all your help,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I thought you were just down to .375mg a few days ago and went back up to .50mg to stabilize. You may have not quite stabilized on the .50mg yet. It could take a day or two. If you think you need to do another cut reversal, only do it to where you think you will be comfortable which may be at .50mg or .625mg. If you go up too far and then start titration, you will just have to come back down again. You might want to see how things go in the next day or two at .50mg.

T2 :smitten:

Thanks Theresa2,

I went down to .375, but, went back up to .5 and its been three days. Im not sure if I was even stabilized on .5 mg because I have been cutting so quick to try to get as low as my original dose was. It was between .25 - .5 a night for anixiety for approx 4-5 years before I came off opiates and alcohol. I was taking 1-2mg's a day for a month coming off them.

Guess I will give it a another day or two and see what happens. It just sucks so bad. However, "This To Shall Pass"

Thanks for the help,

Michal

Hi Michael,

I would suggest that if you haven't leveled off to go back up a little and stabilize then start tapering slower.  There's no sense in having wd symptoms if there is any way to avoid them.  I know you are anxious to get off this junk but if you can get to the end without suffering wd then that's that the way to go.  The end results will be the same but life will be better in the meantime.  :smitten:

TS

Hey Michael,

In looking at your signature box, I would think that you cut to quickly from the .5mg to the .375mg. Then, you reinstated back to the .5mg and have been there for 3 days. I would recommend staying at the .5mg for atleast 7-10 days total. See if you have some windows and feel like you have stabilized, then cut back down to the .375mg. Remember, it's best to wait 7-14 days to do the cut after that. Let your body get use to the lower dosage and then do your next cut. Sometimes, it takes up to 5 days after I do a cut, until I get some withdrawal symptoms. You only waited 2-3 days between your cut down to .5mg and then to .375mg, so you probably still felt okay and thought it was fine to cut. The withdrawals basically snowballed on you, but that's okay, we live and learn. All of the symptoms you described are all listed under withdrawals symptoms from benzos in the Ashton Manual. You are fortunate to have an understanding wife who can support you during your journey to benzo freedom. Hang in there, you are right, this too shall pass!!

Lori :smitten:

The longer the half-life, the longer it takes for cuts to take effect, but also the longer for increases in dosage to plateau. You should probably allow a week or more for Clonazepam to level out.

Hey Michael,

In looking at your signature box, I would think that you cut to quickly from the .5mg to the .375mg. Then, you reinstated back to the .5mg and have been there for 3 days. I would recommend staying at the .5mg for atleast 7-10 days total. See if you have some windows and feel like you have stabilized, then cut back down to the .375mg. Remember, it's best to wait 7-14 days to do the cut after that. Let your body get use to the lower dosage and then do your next cut. Sometimes, it takes up to 5 days after I do a cut, until I get some withdrawal symptoms. You only waited 2-3 days between your cut down to .5mg and then to .375mg, so you probably still felt okay and thought it was fine to cut. The withdrawals basically snowballed on you, but that's okay, we live and learn. All of the symptoms you described are all listed under withdrawals symptoms from benzos in the Ashton Manual. You are fortunate to have an understanding wife who can support you during your journey to benzo freedom. Hang in there, you are right, this too shall pass!!

Thanks for the reply Lori Lee. Ive had a pretty good day today. Im going to wait this time before I start my titration, at least a week. Thanks so much,

Michael

Hey Michael,

Sounds like a great plan to wait atleast a week then start your titration! :thumbsup: You listen to your body. We can't control what withdrawal symptoms we might get, but we can control the amount and when we will taper. Hope all goes well with your titration. Keep us posted....