Hang in there....SERIOUSLY!!!!!

[as...]

Thanks for sharing Ashley anf congrats. Reading this makes me see there is hope. I have not had it easy but reading this success story,I believe I will oneday smile and not even notice I was ever on a Benzo. Take care

I just read your story again.  I am questioning if anyone ever really makes it through all of this and heals.  I like to read that you have!!!  It does give me hope.  I wonder if it is possible for me one day.  Congrats and thank you again for posting!

• 10 months later...
This story has given me such a better outlook on my benzo situation.  Not only was on benzos about the same time (20mg of Valium for 5-6 months before tapering), but I'm also tapering about the same speed by liquid titration.  You always hear these horror stories about super long protracted withdrawals, however I think that usually happens when a person goes cold turkey or has been on benzos for a very long time.  I also really like the way you describe what can be gained from what seems like a pointless nightmare.  I've always believed people go through things for a reason, and after suffering benzo withdrawal and conquering it's grip must give you a completely new outlook on life.  Congrats on your healing and new found happiness!  :thumbsup:  Your story means so much to someone who's still going through the process of getting off benzos, so thank you!

This was a great post!!! Thank you for posting it! A lot of us are in the trenches with benzo w/d. I'm almost 17 months off. Even though I'm dealing with another medical condition I know a couple of particular symptoms are benzo withdrawal because I didn't even have them with the prior condition I have. I'm just praying all goes away soon. Thank you for your success story.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Reread this success story.  The words continue to encourage me and give me the much needed hope I need to make through one day closer to recovery.  Thank you!  Many blessings to you.  :-*

• 6 months later...

Thanks for this! I'm almost at the finish line but I'm sure I'll feel better even past that point!

Do you consume alcohol? Congrats!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your inspiring post. I'm so happy for you.

Your post is so positive and uplifting.

I love that this experience has turned your life around.

This journey has also opened my eyes and I watch what I fuel my body with now.

Our bodies are so precious and I will never take medication again.

For me now it's healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.

I'm only 6 months out and still suffering a fair bit but I'm trying to keep positive that the better

days will come.

Take care lovely Ashley

Tallow

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 1 month later...
Thank you.. I am in that spot ryte now wgere there is no fuyure just doom.. 3months off and ive had lots of good windows but horible different wavrs.. I treat everybody around me like crap an i few everything dark and haunting. . i need the upliftment

Wow, this is a really uplifting post!! Thanks so much for coming back to tell your story, and continued good luck and good fortune to you always!!  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 1.5 years FREE and feeling GREAT (and have been feeling great for quite a long time!!!) As much as I tried to stay positive on here during my benzo mess I was in a very bad place.... Now I am 200% healed.. The healing time may very from person to person.. but please just remember no matter what your time frame is you WILL heal. I am in a place now were the word "Benzo" has not even came into my mind when during my brutal taper it was a word that flooded my mind 20 times a day and literally scared me and made me sick. My purpose of this post is to let you all know, no mater how hard it is for you now.. you WILL heal, 100% PLUS! and this whole scary mess will be a thing of a past and not even a taunting memory.  Even though this whole experience is soooo traumatizing it can still be easily forgotten. I was so sick that I thought I would be haunted for life with some post traumatic stress disorder, but not the case.. I am now living a wonderful happy life I was meant to do!! In a strange way I actually benefited from it all,  the whole ordeal taught me to be conscious about  anything I put in my body..not just medications but food even. I am now living a medication free (not even over the counter stuff) all natural paleo diet. Happily working an active 40+ hour job a week and more energetic then ever (I could not even do that pre-benzo days!!!) No matter how hard it may be for you all still tapering please have faith. Don't just think that I must be one of the lucky ones. That is not the case. PLEEEASE  Stay positive and know you will get through this and life will be way better then before!!! Not only will you have a whole new  outlook on life and appreciate the small things more but you can truly have the confidence to make it through anything after dealing with this hell.. Look at is as a cleansing process of your old "medicated" life and just know a clean fulfilling HAPPY life is waiting for you on the other side!!!!!!!! It may take time but you will get there!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ashley

Thanks Ashley! It's good to see a positive story on here. It seems like the only people writing online about their experience are in the middle of withdrawal so you just get flooded with all these horror stories, not realizing that there are so many people out there like you who beat it and are over it and have moved on - nothing to talk about on the internet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost 1.5 years FREE and feeling GREAT (and have been feeling great for quite a long time!!!) As much as I tried to stay positive on here during my benzo mess I was in a very bad place.... Now I am 200% healed.. The healing time may very from person to person.. but please just remember no matter what your time frame is you WILL heal. I am in a place now were the word "Benzo" has not even came into my mind when during my brutal taper it was a word that flooded my mind 20 times a day and literally scared me and made me sick. My purpose of this post is to let you all know, no mater how hard it is for you now.. you WILL heal, 100% PLUS! and this whole scary mess will be a thing of a past and not even a taunting memory.  Even though this whole experience is soooo traumatizing it can still be easily forgotten. I was so sick that I thought I would be haunted for life with some post traumatic stress disorder, but not the case.. I am now living a wonderful happy life I was meant to do!! In a strange way I actually benefited from it all,  the whole ordeal taught me to be conscious about  anything I put in my body..not just medications but food even. I am now living a medication free (not even over the counter stuff) all natural paleo diet. Happily working an active 40+ hour job a week and more energetic then ever (I could not even do that pre-benzo days!!!) No matter how hard it may be for you all still tapering please have faith. Don't just think that I must be one of the lucky ones. That is not the case. PLEEEASE  Stay positive and know you will get through this and life will be way better then before!!! Not only will you have a whole new  outlook on life and appreciate the small things more but you can truly have the confidence to make it through anything after dealing with this hell.. Look at is as a cleansing process of your old "medicated" life and just know a clean fulfilling HAPPY life is waiting for you on the other side!!!!!!!! It may take time but you will get there!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:r

Ashley

Great news and all the very best to you Ashley  :smitten:

I didn't even realize I was still subscribed to any threads... but I'm so glad it's this one! Loved getting notifications and being drawn back to this post. So positive. I just started working again. Not *quite* as close to crossing the finish line as I thought. I'm still more easily tired than before. Intrusive thinking flared up. Cog fog seems worse. Flare ups of DR. Things just look.... off.... sometimes. So I think that's DR.

Overall, so grateful to be where I am. I couldn't be more thankful. I felt finished many, many times.  Going back to work reminded me my system is still healing. But this post reminded me that the end will be worth it.

Let's cheers our imaginary beers to the finish line!

• 3 years later...