Important Survey - Please Participate ×

A titration schedule for Lori Lee

[Lo...]

Hey Colin,

I pm'd you about getting a titration schedule, then thought to start here. I am on day 13 of a total of .375 mg of klonopin a day. I am taking .125mg in the am and .25mg in the pm. I would like to titrate 10% every 10 days. If you need anymore information from me, please let me know. I will not dry-cut as I planned to, tomorrow. I need to buy the equipment at the store. I am not 100% sure I want to titrate, but my last cut was tough and I want to have everything pertaining to titration on hand, just in case. Thank you so much!

Lori :smitten:

You have the 0.5mg tablets, right?  And Colin will need a starting date.  If you will be using some kind of 100ml container with 1ml markings and a 10ml syringe, I believe that's all the other information he needs. 

You have the 0.5mg tablets, right?  And Colin will need a starting date.  If you will be using some kind of 100ml container with 1ml markings and a 10ml syringe, I believe that's all the other information he needs. 

Yep, that should do it. I can work up a schedule to work with any size cylinder with any size increments. The 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is overkill for the vast majority of people, but is recommended as it will work for all situations.

I don't have a whole bunch of .5mg pills left. I have plenty of the 1mg pills. Or, should I could cut (with a pill cutter) the .5mg pills in half and crush the .25mg?? Can that be done? Sorry for the confusion!

I don't have a whole bunch of .5mg pills left. I have plenty of the 1mg pills. Or, should I could cut (with a pill cutter) the .5mg pills in half and crush the .25mg?? Can that be done? Sorry for the confusion!

I can draw up a schedule to work with 1mg tablets. No, it is better to not split the tablets (it is more accurate to use a whole pill). To save on waste, you can make the liquid last a couple of days (since you will be drinking less than half of the 100ml per day). ;)

Start date?

Hey Colin,

I don't have to worry about waste with the 1mgs. I have 2 refills of 90 that I can get before the cut off date! Plenty to work with and so glad we can use them to titrate. Start date: November 27th. Oh, do I drink the liquid once a day or twice a day when I usually take my 2 doses? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hey Colin,

I don't have to worry about waste with the 1mgs. I have 2 refills of 90 that I can get before the cut off date! Plenty to work with and so glad we can use them to titrate. Start date: November 27th. Oh, do I drink the liquid once a day or twice a day when I usually take my 2 doses? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Well, it makes no difference to the spreadsheet. Just drink amount indicated from a total volume of 100ml (make up a fresh batch each day, or make batch last two days, it is up to you). Yes, you can split the dose into two or more smaller doses over the day. Divide as you deem best, but two or three equal sized doses, taken roughly 12 or 8 hours apart, is what most people do.

I'll draw up the schedule tomorow.

Hey Colin,

Is it better to titrate 10% every 10 days or 10% every 7 days. Just wondering how long 10% every 10 days will take to finish? I guess I will wait and see the schedule. Thanks so much.

Hi Lori,

At low doses such as yours, the taper schedule is linear in nature. That is, the amount cut is constant and does not diminish as your dose drops. This is done deliberately to keep tapers from small doses from running on for far longer than they should. Anyway, the reduction will 10% of your taper starting dose, so that's ten lots of 10%. 10 reductions (of 10%) every 10 days, means your taper will last 100 days; 10 reductions (10%) every 7 days, means your taper will last 70 days. Let me know which you prefer.

Hey Colin,

I think I want to go a bit faster than both of those game plans. :-\ I was hoping to be done tapering by the end of December. I just did a 25% cut (from .5mg to .375), and was planning on dry cutting down to .25mg from .375mg this week (which is a pretty big percentage, right?). So, I think I would like to make 20% cuts every 10 days if that's ok. Or better yet, what % per what amount of days would I need to titrate to be done by December 31st?? Is this defeating the whole reason for titrating?? I guess I would rather make bigger cuts, but small amounts each day instead of making the one big cut every 14 days like I had planned to do with dry cutting. Am I making any sense? Thanks for all your help!!

Hey Colin,

Sorry to be such a pain. I went ahead and did a dry cut off my pm dose. Instead of going down to .125mg from .25mg, I cut down to .1875mg. I am going to see how this goes. Talked it over with hubby, and we agree that for now, I am going to continue dry cutting. I am glad that I got some things and ordered things for titration; having them on hand just in case. I just wanted to let you know so that you could hold on making me up a schedule. If this cut is not tolerable, I will come back on my knees begging for a titration schedule. Thanks for all your replies to me and I hope you haven't spent time making up my schedule yet.

Hi,

I had already worked out a schedule before reading your last post. ::)

It works out at 18% every 7 days.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-lorilee-2008-11-24.html

Print it off, and add the following code to your signature in your profile:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-lorilee-2008-11-24.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Thank you, Colin. I will definately print my titration schedule out; I may still end up needing it. If I end up titrating on my next cut, I will maybe just ask you where I start on it from .3125 mgs. If that time comes, I will then add the schedule to my profile. Hoping that your  ::) smiley to me wasn't a "pissed off" one??  :-\  As soon as the things I ordered from Science Stuff get here (Tues or Wed), I will atleast be prepared, with schedule in hand to titrate if this dry cutting gets unbearable!! I appreciate you and thanks again...

No, not at all pissed off. :)

Hey Colin,

Good! I have a very hard time asking anyone for help. And with all my questions and changing of plans, I didn't want to make you mad or frustrated. Plus, I have a hard time making decisions at times or I do the opposite and make them too fast for my own good; looking for some gray in this area!! I printed out my titration schedule and I will ask you where I would jump in if I need to switch to titration. Just want all my options covered! Thanks again!