Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Get your youth and beauty back even during withdrawl!

[na...]

I was on xanax like ten years since I was 21 and like two years ago I was up to two full bars of xanax 4mg. I was almost 200 lbs at 5ft 3in. I was round and when I looked in the mirror I did not really know the old fat woman looking back at me! I had a belly on me that looked like I was 100 months pregnant, my face just looked old and tired. I was tired, I was such a mess. I was 29 when I decided to take my life back, two years ago. I stayed on xanax but I lost 100 lbs, I now weigh 100 lbs, and I have an hour glass figure. I compete in body competitions and everything. I started in a program called transformation and lost the weight. Next I went to school to become a fitness instructor. I started eating the ***** way, simply really clean. I started a new beauty regiment, on my face it really works. My company is called **** and ****, I'm finally not afraid to be naked and beautiful and open. I don't mean just naked like no clothes on, I mean no clothes, no make up, I can wear anything and really love me. I started cutting the xanax last year and now I'm down to .5 from that nasty 4mgs. I will tell you when I started the withdrawl process I looked 100 years old and people thought I was older than my age. Now almost totally detoxed and much healthier physically people guess me 21 or 22! I love it. So for all you ladies who feel haggered and old and just not like you, it gets better. Check out a lady named ***** and eat the way she says, I am a licensed trainer / nutritionist and theres nothing better to heal us then clean healthy food and exercise. I will also share my beauty secrets and I wish I could share my before and after pics you would be amazed! Anyone who wants some beauty tips that are inexpensive and really really work, let me know. Love to you all. Some quick tips wash and exfoliate your face two times daily,  when washing use dove, when you exfoliate use lemons real lemons and brown sugar and  an electric tooth brush , use apple cider vinegar by bragg for a toner just apply straight it is amazing , I swear its a face lift in a bottle next use olay regenerist lotion (add to it some vitamin c crystals). For the under eye bag thing use large cotton balls and ice cold whole milk, apply the cotton balls soaked in milk to the eyes for 20 minutes, then at night do the same routine. Really massage the face upwards and do face exercises, but really massage the face with your cream, and before bed apply fish oil to your under eyes or vaseline! Wonders I tell you. I could share my pics when I started withdrawl omg, who was that now I'm starting to see the pretty me again! My God I look at pics of me while on xanax I did'nt realize I was so large and horrid, but now I"m fit, healthy and sexy, I got my sexy back.

Edited for personal information and commercial content

Exfoliating twice a day (with an electric tooth brush?) is way too much for most women. Many develop sensitive skin during a taper. Please be gentle with your skin at this time.

Thanks for the tips and congratulations on how wonderfully your life is going but right now I'm happy if I can actually shower more than once a week.  But gosh thanks for stopping by.

*jawdrop*

Excuse me, but WTH is this??

I will assume that this post was (in some way unfathomable to me) intended to be helpful. But uh, no, not really.

It's an alert-the-media event if I manage two showers a week. My hair is falling out. There are archaeological digs under my eyes. My skin looks terrible. My benzo belly won't fit into my clothes. I'm hanging on to life by a thread. I'm 52 and in the midst of a horrific withdrawal; being exhorted to engage in beauty discipline and attend to "getting my youth back" is NOT helpful.

Really? Large = "horrid"?

I'm sorry but this just blows my mind.

Sparrow

*jawdrop*

Excuse me, but WTH is this??

I will assume that this post was (in some way unfathomable to me) intended to be helpful. But uh, no, not really.

It's an alert-the-media event if I manage two showers a week. My hair is falling out. There are archaeological digs under my eyes. My skin looks terrible. My benzo belly won't fit into my clothes. I'm hanging on to life by a thread. I'm 52 and in the midst of a horrific withdrawal; being exhorted to engage in beauty discipline and attend to "getting my youth back" is NOT helpful.

Really? Large = "horrid"?

I'm sorry but this just blows my mind.

Sparrow

:thumbsup:

I don't think nakedbutterfly is trying to be funny.

I suppose if she's this far along in her recovery and her regime is making her feel better, we should wish her well. Understandably, many member's priorities are not skin care when they are very ill with withdrawal.

Btw, I'm sure I don't need to say this but please, don't use an electric toothbrush to clean your face.  :-\

MEOW ladies.......  Emi  is struggling just like the rest of us.

She tries to be very positive.  She is just trying to be helpful....sometimes it is nice to see positive stuff not totally related to the horrors of what happens to us AND she posted it under Chewing the Fat!  LOL

Sky

There's no way I could have done any of this while in serious withdrawal. But she has a point.......

"theres nothing better to heal us then clean healthy food and exercise"

Once we're in a more "healed" state of mind and have some energy back, these things help a lot. When I was finally off benzo's the last thing I cared about was beauty, because I was just so relieved I had survived. I just wanted to go outside and begin getting my strength back after months and months of being bedridden. I wanted to see the sky and spend time with my family.  Now that I'm further along taking care of my appearance is important too. 

I really do think everyone is at very different stages in the recovery process.    :smitten:

MEOW ladies.......  Emi  is struggling just like the rest of us.

She tries to be very positive.  She is just trying to be helpful....sometimes it is nice to see positive stuff not totally related to the horrors of what happens to us AND she posted it under Chewing the Fat!  LOL

Sky

Oh brother

Skyy, your "meow" is unwarranted. Using a tooth brush to wash your face isn't a good idea. Plain and simple.

I'm, personally offended by the implication you've made with your "meow". Woman should be able to express their disapproval without being considered "catty".

Edit: typo

Skyy, your "meow" is unwarranted. Using a tooth brush to wash your face isn't a good idea. Plain and simple.

I'm, personally am offended by the implication you've made with your "meow". Woman should be able to express their disapproval without being considered "catty".

You said that much better and kinder than I was able to ergo my "oh brother".  I agree with you entirely.

Hope, I was not referring to your toothbrush comment.  I was referring to the other comments.  Why don't you read what several other members posted to this young lady?  Do you think that was just a little judgemental?  BTW......  There is a facial scrubber that is sold that works very similarly to an electric toothbrush.  It is common knowledge. I am shocked that you would condone the condescending comments to this member.  Sorry if you are offended.  I am now offended by your attack. LOL lets make this a big deal!!!

Jeeze lighten up.....skyy

Hope, I was not referring to your toothbrush comment.  I was referring to the other comments.  Why don't you read what several other members posted to this young lady?  Do you think that was just a little judgemental?  BTW......  There is a facial scrubber that is sold that works very similarly to an electric toothbrush.  It is common knowledge. I am shocked that you would condone the condescending comments to this member.  Sorry if you are offended.  I am now offended by your attack. LOL lets make this a big deal!!!

Jeeze lighten up.....skyy

Hi Skyy. I've used the facial scrubbers that look just like an electric toothbrush. I didn't understand why this was so far out there either. 

Cedar, you are correct, I have one, it is called a Spin Brush....

:smitten:  On a lighter note, love your Princess Lea pic! 

If you are unable to see why this post would be challenging to most people in the thick of w/d then there is no argument I can present that will make sense to you.

If you are unable to see why this post would be challenging to most people in the thick of w/d then there is no argument I can present that will make sense to you.

??????

Everyone needs to take a step back and calm down.

There were things on the thread that needed to be addressed and they were, including supporting nakedbutterfly.

I suppose if she's this far along in her recovery and her regime is making her feel better, we should wish her well. Understandably, many member's priorities are not skin care when they are very ill with withdrawal.

I agree that the "meow" was an unnecessary comment that is unsupportive to anyone here who wishes to lend their opinion or feelings to the subject.

pianogirl

There were things on the thread that needed to be addressed and they were, including supporting nakedbutterfly.

I agree that the "meow" was an unnecessary comment that is unsupportive to anyone here who wishes to lend their opinion or feelings to the subject.

pianogirl

for the second time, Pianogirl, I was not referring to Hopes comment....I was referring to the other comments.

pianogirl

for the second time, Pianogirl, I was not referring to Hopes comment....I was referring to the other comments.

In case you missed it Sky, for the second time as well... she said "I agree that the "meow" was an unnecessary comment that is unsupportive to anyone here who wishes to lend their opinion or feelings to the subject."

My response is not related to anyone's comments, Skyy except the implication that anyone's comments here were "catty". They are women discussing their own personal opinions. I found your "meow" to be sexist. If a man had made the same comment, I would have replied the same way. I like to think women have come further than this.

I won't comment further.

pianogirl

In case you missed it Sky, for the second time as well... she said "I agree that the "meow" was an unnecessary comment that is unsupportive to anyone here who wishes to lend their opinion or feelings to the subject."

why don't you read what this girl was trying to say

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=56081.0

It was your comment that got this started.  Was it tongue in cheek, condescending?  You tell me.

Thanks for the tips and congratulations on how wonderfully your life is going but right now I'm happy if I can actually shower more than once a week.  But gosh thanks for stopping by.