Can Ambien help taper off Klonopin?

[So...]

Personally, I wouldn't use ambien to taper off of Klonopin. ...

If you taper off of Klonopin slowly enough, I think you will be able to sleep and not struggle. I've been tapering off of Xanax and haven't lost any sleep. Here, I think a slow taper is the best path. I take a boatload of melatonin each night (around 6 mg) which is the only substance I've noticed that help my non-benzo related sleep troubles. Other thoughts to help for sleep are something like atarax, benadryl, etc. Valerian at a high enough dose also helps me feel drowsy. If you feel physically rev'd up with too much adrenaline, you can also possibly try a low-dose beta blocker.

Good luck and I hope this helps. :)

Thanks blueorchidlady! I am almost off the ambien - down to 1.25mg from 5mg. I was able to taper off pretty quickly the last time but did experience rebound insomnia. I am going to try to hold the Klonopin at .4mg which is where I am now.

Good news is I just got my local compounding pharmacy to mix me up a batch of liquid .4mg Klonopin - the Pdoc approved. I am hoping this will make the taper go a little better as I'm such a dunce at titration methods. Also benzo brain, no sleep!

I tried melotonin before but at a much lower dose. Thanks for the suggestion - I will up it and see what happens. I also do take a beta blocker too - that helps a little too.

I can fall asleep with Melatonin and lower dose of K, but usually wake 3-4 hrs later. Can't go back to sleep. I've been dividing the Klonopin dose to .375mg at bedtime and the rest when I wake up but that does not work lately. I guess once I am sleep deprived enough I will sleep more - any suggestions appreciated!