Calling it as I see it - Brain Damage

[ma...]

After careful consideration of my life over the past couple of weeks, I feel that my brain has been altered and not necessarily in a bad way. Yes, my memory loss and inability to learn and retain knowledge has been severely suppressed, but I feel it coming back now in tiny degrees. I absolutely believe the ability to learn and remember new things will come back. I will gladly trade some memories (a lot of them bad!) for some of my new and permanent (I hope) new traits. I am much "kinder and gentler" now. I have new relationships with my parents that I am so grateful for. I find it easier to speak in real truth, and not just pander in the popular vernacular.

Most importantly, I never cared about my own self before, not in any way.

I now know that I am my best friend, and once I can learn to forgive myself, well, I will be one swell gal! 

So for me, no brain damage no matter what anyone says, I have been altered, and that's okay for me.

M.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [mp...]

• [ma...]

• [Ca...]

After careful consideration of my life over the past couple of weeks, I feel that my brain has been altered and not necessarily in a bad way. Yes, my memory loss and inability to learn and retain knowledge has been severely suppressed, but I feel it coming back now in tiny degrees. I absolutely believe the ability to learn and remember new things will come back. I will gladly trade some memories (a lot of them bad!) for some of my new and permanent (I hope) new traits. I am much "kinder and gentler" now. I have new relationships with my parents that I am so grateful for. I find it easier to speak in real truth, and not just pander in the popular vernacular.

Most importantly, I never cared about my own self before, not in any way.

I now know that I am my best friend, and once I can learn to forgive myself, well, I will be one swell gal! 

So for me, no brain damage no matter what anyone says, I have been altered, and that's okay for me.

M.

Hi mplsgrl,

Well said (written), and AMEN to that!