Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Taper Schedule

[de...]

Need taper schedule.  Size of pill .5 mg.  I am taking .5mg currently.  100ml cylinder.

Are you going to be tapering the xanax first, DM? You're still on the klonopin, too, right?

I don't know how fast to taper.  I am having terrible WD no matter what dose I am at.  The higher Klonopin dosage was making me manic & psychotic.  :(  I seem to be not so crazy on the .5mg crushed up and taken through the day.  I had to CT on the Xanax because Dr. won't write more.  I don't know if I need to taper fast or slow at this point.  I'm OK during the day just really detached and apathetic and trouble thinking.  Towards the morning I have choreiform movement, extreme burning skin, facial numbness.  I can't believe I was a normal, functional human being in February of this year.

.5mg/day. 1mg and .5mg pills.  100ml cylinder w/ 1ml increments.  I guess 10% every 2 weeks.

I think that, plus a start date, is all Colin will need to work up a schedule for you.  It may take him a few days depending on his workload, so pick a date at least 2-3 days in the future to start titrating.  I didn't use that method but those that have said it's easy to slow down or speed up depending on how you feel.  You will have the control.  :thumbsup:

Just checking in to see if there is a taper schedule yet.  Don't mean to bother you.  I was able to go to the grocery store today with my husband.  A little freaky but it was the 1st time I had been there in over 2 months.  Then I actually cooked enchiladas and froze some for my daughter to take to work at the hospital.  Here co-workers loved it when she would bring them in.  My younger son had a smile on his face all day that I went to the store with him and his Dad and actually cooked something he liked. :yippee:

Just checking in to see if there is a taper schedule yet.  Don't mean to bother you.  I was able to go to the grocery store today with my husband.  A little freaky but it was the 1st time I had been there in over 2 months.  Then I actually cooked enchiladas and froze some for my daughter to take to work at the hospital.  Here co-workers loved it when she would bring them in.  My younger son had a smile on his face all day that I went to the store with him and his Dad and actually cooked something he liked. :yippee:

Hi DD,

I am so happy that you got to go to the grocery store!! :yippee: I was so happy with myself when I was able to do that too!! :yippee: I've been going by myself the last 3 times!! :yippee: Also, just so you know, things have been rather busy here for Colin and he will probably look at your request tomorrow, okay?

T2 :smitten:

Thanks Theresa.  I realize there is a lot going on here right now.  I felt pretty good today.  I'm very emotionally blunted but I feel I need to make the effort.  I am very tired tonight.

Hi DM,

Sorry I've left this so late.

If I undertand correctly, you 0.5mg Klonopin per day. Prepare 100ml of liquid, with one 0.5mg pill, and follow the schedule. You will prepare 100ml of liquid every day, but drink just the amount indicated by the schedule.

Here's your Schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-determinedmom-2008-10-01.html

Add the following to you signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-determinedmom-2008-10-01.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

How to edit your signature: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9681.0#post_signature

Let us know if you have any questions.