.5mg Klonopin Taper Schedule - Advice

[or...]

Thanks scott33, so let me make sure I have the math right:

For example, If I choose to go with a 10% taper every 14 days, and my current daily dosage is .34375mg then the math would be:

.34375(.10) = .034

So, for me a 10% taper every 14 days would amount to a .034mg reduction in the Klono every 14 days, correct?  That may be an ideal taper rate for me.

And thanks for addressing the syringe issue, you're right, I would prefer a larger syringe to a smaller one in terms of practicality as my tapering progresses and more liquid will eventually need to be removed from the cylinder.

HI orange.

Yes that math is correct. it would be a reduction of .034mg every 14 days.

Although it may not be EXACT down to the hundreth with titration, nor an EXACT science.. what this method allows you to do is make almost daily reductions of the dose. but it is pretty darm close when it comes to the mg's..

So Orange, just so Colin has all the Info here in this thread when he reads in, is 10% per 14 days the reduction rate you want?

I think you are going to do GREAT at this!! :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement, scott33!  Yes, I am thinking 10% per 14 days is a good place to start.

Colin, you had  previously expressed concern that my current taper rate (.03125mg reduction every 3 weeks) may be a bit too slow (you had voiced concerns about the possibility of developing tolerance to the Klono if too slow a taper rate is used).  So, along those lines I would like your honest input if you think a titration rate of 10% per 14 days is acceptable?  If so, let's proceed using this new titration rate.  If not, I would like your input.

Thanks guys....

Hey guys,

I am needing to make my next cut in my dosage; it has been 3 weeks now (I typically make my cuts every 3 weeks) and also my anxiety and insomnia is increasing, tell-tale signs that it is time to reduce again.

My understanding is that it may be a little while yet until Colin is back on this site.  As I really want to begin the liquid titration starting with my next cut (tonight) I was hoping to lay out a rough set of measurements for the liquid titration to use for a few days until Colin returns and can provide a much more exact model for me to use.

Here's what I have:

My current dose is .34375 mg Klono nightly, typically reducing by .03125mg every 3 weeks (futher details of my taper schedule is further back in this string).

For the sake of calculation purposes, round .34375mg up to .35mg.

I will combine .35mg of Klono with 100 ml of whole, homogenised milk, amounting to 100 ml of .35mg Klono or 100% of .35mg Klono.

First reduction will be removing 1% (1ml) from the 100ml of milk/Klono mixture, leaving 99% (99ml) of milk/Klono mixture to drink, amounting to a reduced dose of:

.99(.35) = .3465mg.

I guess I could stay a day or two at each 1 ml reduction, as I have not yet worked out an exact reduction rate with Colin (I am thinking 10% reduction per 14 days pending Colin's input). 

Could I please get some input from everyone?  Does this look like a sensible way to begin titration until Colin returns and can provide a more exact titration model?

Orange, why don't you just hold your cut until Colin sets you up.

It won't be long now. By today possibly, by tomorrow almost certainly. 

Orange,

I agree with Eljay. It would be better IMO opinion if you can just hold off a little tiny bit longer until Colin gets to this. While I don't really see a problem with what you are doing. It might not be the best thing right now. See, when colin gets you titrating, you will be using a whole 0.5 pill most likely, and then he will figure out where on the 100ml cylinder you will begin at to achieve your total current dose and then reduce from there.  Colin knows more about the technacalities of this than I do, and I just don't want to give you any bad advice on this. Just a little longer and he will get to this :)

take care

-Scott

I will hold off until I hear from Colin.  Thank you eljay and scott33 for the feedback, and the encouragement and support to be patient (hard for me to do!).

Ok thanks Orange. colin is the schedule (master) hehe...So I just don't want to give you any bad advice, thats all. You are doing really good and I would hate to mess that up! But onve you get going and once we see the schedule he lays out for you, I will be able to answer any questions you have :)

Thank you very much for being patient. I know how hard it is. Thanks! :)

-SCott

Hi Orange,

I spoke to Colin about your schedule, and he will draw it up for you tomorrow (thursday)  :thumbsup:

So you should be well on your way very soon!  :yippee:

Fantastic!  That is great news, scott33.  Thank you very much for your help.

As I have no internet access at home, I will do my best to be checking this site for any updates over the next 8 hours before heading home for the day.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I think it would be advisable to start using your pills now, but not start reducing your dose for a few days. It is likely that the stated dose of your pills will not be totally in line with the stated dose of your pharmacy-made liquid. So, taking a few days to adjust to your home-titrated liquid would be sensible.

Each day you will make up 100ml of liquid using one whole 0.5mg tablet, but drink just 69ml from the total volume of 100ml. 69/100ths multiplied by 0.5mg (one whole tablet) equals 0.345mg, almost exactly the stated dose of your pharmacy liquid. Start you homemade liquid today, and then follow the schedule from the 2nd Sept.

Your schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-orange8-2008-08-28.html

Please print off the schedule in case you can not access it at our site for some reason, and add the following to your signature in your profile:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-orange8-2008-08-28.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u].[/url]

If you have any questions about your your schedule or making up the liquid, please ask away.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, Colin, it's really appreciated.  I will begin with the 1st 69 ml preparation tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, Colin, it's really appreciated.  I will begin with the 1st 69 ml preparation tonight.

Hi,

Just to make sure - you prepare 100ml of liquid EVERY DAY, and drink just the amount indicated from the schedule (and 69ml for the next few days). Discard what remains from the 100ml. ;)

My first night doing the liquid titration method went well, including mixing and measuring procedures.  That is due to all of the knowledge/support that you have all have provided me with.  Thank you all for making this possible for me to do.

A few issues came up during the dosing process last night that I would appreciate feedback on.

1) Syringe length - the 10 ml syringe I used is roughly 3 inches in length; I discovered that the tip of the syringe only reached down to the 80 ml mark on the measuring cylinder.  As I had to reach the 69 ml mark on the cylinder, as a quick fix I removed the hollow tubing from the pump assembly of a liquid hand soap container and affixed it to the syringe, allowing me to now reach down the 50 ml mark on the cylinder for klono/milk removal (the cylinder remaining upright), which will address the issue for a little while.  There must be something I am missing here.  Do you guys simply tip the cylinder in order to access the lower levels of klono/milk mixture in the cylinder as the taper progresses?  How do you get that small syringe in there??

2) Milk bubbles - I found that it was hard to determine with my eye exactly where the level of milk matched the 100ml mark on the cylinder, as there was a layer of bubbles on top of the milk that did not allow for a clear distinction between solid measurable liquid and bubbles.  Funny as it sounds, how do you de-bubble the milk once in the cylinder so you are able to distinguish the true level of milk?

3) Potency/Absorbtion - Upon taking the mixture, I felt just a little more drowsy than usual and the drowsiness came on a little more quickly; I know I measured very accurately, but my dose felt a little more 'potent' than usual.  Not at all a bad feeling, in fact, I felt a little better than usual and actually slept better.  I am wondering if this new delivery method is allowing my body to absorb the klono just a little faster than previously?  What do you guys think?

A few issues came up during the dosing process last night that I would appreciate feedback on.

1) Syringe length - the 10 ml syringe I used is roughly 3 inches in length; I discovered that the tip of the syringe only reached down to the 80 ml mark on the measuring cylinder.  As I had to reach the 69 ml mark on the cylinder, as a quick fix I removed the hollow tubing from the pump assembly of a liquid hand soap container and affixed it to the syringe, allowing me to now reach down the 50 ml mark on the cylinder for klono/milk removal (the cylinder remaining upright), which will address the issue for a little while.  There must be something I am missing here.  Do you guys simply tip the cylinder in order to access the lower levels of klono/milk mixture in the cylinder as the taper progresses?  How do you get that small syringe in there??

After you prepare your mixture in the cylinder to the correct measurement, pour into a small plastic dish and remove the appropriate amount then with your syringe.

2) Milk bubbles - I found that it was hard to determine with my eye exactly where the level of milk matched the 100ml mark on the cylinder, as there was a layer of bubbles on top of the milk that did not allow for a clear distinction between solid measurable liquid and bubbles.  Funny as it sounds, how do you de-bubble the milk once in the cylinder so you are able to distinguish the true level of milk?

I have had the same problem, I pour the milk in slower and when I stir the mixture, I use a long straw and stir slowly  and firmly.

3) Potency/Absorbtion - Upon taking the mixture, I felt just a little more drowsy than usual and the drowsiness came on a little more quickly; I know I measured very accurately, but my dose felt a little more 'potent' than usual.  Not at all a bad feeling, in fact, I felt a little better than usual and actually slept better.  I am wondering if this new delivery method is allowing my body to absorb the klono just a little faster than previously?  What do you guys think?

I did not experience this, but have read from others who experienced the same thing.

Others will be by that might have some other hints.

T2 :smitten: