Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What is promathazine?

[ka...]

It is normally used for nausea, but does have sedating effects.  It has helped me sleep before.  I believe there is an antihistamine in it.

fg

Be sure to read the side effects as Laura mentioned. Promethazine is the generic form of Phenergan. It was given to me for nausea. I also had a seizure while on it. No more of it for me. Ultra-ultra sensitive to medications.

[48...]

Promethazine is a first-generation H1 receptor antagonist of the phenothiazine chemical class used medically as an antihistamine. It has a strong sedative effect and in some countries is prescribed for insomnia when benzodiazepines are contraindicated. It is available over the counter in the United Kingdom, Australia, Switzerland, and many other countries, but by prescription in the United States (brand names Phenergan, Promethegan, Romergan, Fargan, Farganesse, Prothiazine, Avomine, Atosil, Receptozine, Lergigan, and Sominex in the UK).[1]

So on,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promethazine