Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I Want To Be Free!!!

[Le...]

I was on prozac for 14 years and one day I realized that it wasn't doing anything for me.

I crossed over to cipralex 10 mg and took it for 18 months until I was told to switch over to seroxat 20 mg when diagnosed with ADD and the doctor I was seeing wanted to put me on seroxat due to it's anxiety calming factor. I was on 3 Mg's of lexotan, for 16 years and tapered down since last march - I quit the lexotan completely 5 weeks ago. I am not happy with the seroxat: I always get stomach upset after taking it and I am far more "aware" of it than the other antidepressants I have taken.

I have been on the seroxat for 3 months now - and I think it's save to say that it does not agree with me.

Are there any known cases of prozac working again after a "time off"?

Should I try and taper the seroxat and find out if I am able to function drugfree? If so, what can I expect?

Lexotania - so fed up with drugs! :sick:

Hello Lexotania,

I am the type of person who likes to know what is happening and why. I am going to post a couple of books by Peter Breggin MD (a Psychiatrist). He has spent is entire life helping us to get the REAL information about these medication. These are the 2 books that I know of that have the information that may be helpful to you. He also has a web site. Just Google Peter Breggin, MD.

1. "Your Drug May Be Your Problem, How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications" 2007 fully revised and updated edition, by Peter Breggin, M.D. (a Psychiatrist)

2. “Brain- Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry” by Peter R. Breggin, MD, 2008

I hope this is helpful.

Love,

Summer :mybuddy:

I've been lexomanic, to hell with that crap.  Although I will say that mania was one incredibly creative experience.  However I don't think the level 10 anxiety in my body and zero sleep pattern was worth it. 

Hello Lexotania,

I am the type of person who likes to know what is happening and why. I am going to post a couple of books by Peter Breggin MD (a Psychiatrist). He has spent is entire life helping us to get the REAL information about these medication. These are the 2 books that I know of that have the information that may be helpful to you. He also has a web site. Just Google Peter Breggin, MD.

1. "Your Drug May Be Your Problem, How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications" 2007 fully revised and updated edition, by Peter Breggin, M.D. (a Psychiatrist)

2. “Brain- Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry” by Peter R. Breggin, MD, 2008

I hope this is helpful.

Love,

Summer :mybuddy:

Great suggestion's on the book SummerMeadow! Gonna give the name to my doc.... 8)