Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling like I've taken 10 steps back.... Again:(

[Mi...]

Hey all- well found out I'm hypo and can not taper as of now. Have to get the thyroid stable first. I just hate the Ativan and taking every 5 hours. Waking up in the middle of the night to take. This stablizibg my thyroid could take 2 weeks or 4 months. What can I do? I need a med that I'm not chewing every 5 hours advice would be great! Thanks!

I was hypothyroid too during and after I cold turkey'd, once my levels were right I was so much better. What are you feeling as far as interdose withdrawals? I wonder if some of those symptoms could be from your thyroid level.

Can you ask your doctor to switch you to Klonopin or Valium since it lasts longer?

• 2 weeks later...
The advice above is really good, I would get the longest half-life benzo you can (Probably Valium I think) if your doctor will do it. Makes the ease off much softer.