Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Has anyone tapered off of Trazodone, and if so, can you help me w/a taper plan?

[Su...]

I am at 50mgs of Trazodone, prescribed dose was 100mgs, but I've gotten down to 50mgs already... :yippee: 

I have been cold-turkeyed off of Trazodone before and it was as bad as benzo withdrawal...so, for those of you who have do that and been fine..well, it's not for me!

I need to do this very slowly and would just appreciate comments from those who have done this before me.

[9d...]

I haven't tapered it, but I imagine you can do a water/milk titration off of it. That would probably be the easiest thing for you to do.

You could crush up the pill, put it in 100-200mL of water/milk and pull off 1mL per day, holding when needed. I think this would be the most gentle way to do it.

I wish you the best. I know you've had a really rough time. I feel your pain.

Hang in there...You'll get through it.

Much love, ((HUGS)) and healing, Nicole

Thanks Nicole..I have been seriously thinking about the milk titration way...is that the way you got off of benzos?

Yeah I have had a really tough time, but things are much better than the were...just not as good as i had hoped for at this point. I need to taper off the Trazodone if possible, because it is always in my head that maybe it is causing the insane nervousness. But I am also very scared to trigger more problems for myself. I simply can not take anymore w/d, I will lose my mind!

• 2 weeks later...

I did a dry taper of trazodone from 50-0mg.  I was shaving slivers off with a razor blade.  My biggest problem was insomnia, which I still have pretty badly but not nearly as bad as it was then.  If I recall correctly, I think I took a month or 6 weeks to taper?  I was never happy with trazodone; it gave me buzzsaw headaches.