Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pain medication

[ve...]

I'm currently trying to stablize on 2.5 mg of klonopin and had a big set back yesterday. i have to take pain meds as needed (tramadol) for dysmenorrhea once a month and usually cut down my dose of klonopin when i'm doing that. however when i did that the other night, i had a huge panic attack the next day that lasted for hours. anyways, it backfired and i went off of my stablization plan that night  :( i had several other stresses going on as well (trying to finish a big freelance job, trying to get another job, drank too much coffee). but what i'm now wondering is if when you're stablizing and you need to take another med that might have similar properties (drowsiness, etc), should you still remain at your stable dose on a benzo in order to get your body into a place where you can taper properly?

I'm currently trying to stablize on 2.5 mg of klonopin and had a big set back yesterday. i have to take pain meds as needed (tramadol) for dysmenorrhea once a month and usually cut down my dose of klonopin when i'm doing that. however when i did that the other night, i had a huge panic attack the next day that lasted for hours. anyways, it backfired and i went off of my stablization plan that night  :( i had several other stresses going on as well (trying to finish a big freelance job, trying to get another job, drank too much coffee). but what i'm now wondering is if when you're stablizing and you need to take another med that might have similar properties (drowsiness, etc), should you still remain at your stable dose on a benzo in order to get your body into a place where you can taper properly?

Please don't let this get you nervous.

I tried tramadol for a week or two years ago while taking klonopin and it made me more anxious.  That is just my personal experience with it.  My back went out on me and I lost two jobs because of it.  The pain med ordeal made things much worse for me personally.

Kian