0.5mg Klonopin titration schedule needed

[sc...]

that makes perfect sense to me. Can we go ahead and do it at 1 then like you stated earlier. Would it "hurt" more this way? It would remain at 10% every 12 days though correct?..and still end in september?  If so I would like to do that when you have some time :)

thanks Colin. You Rock!

To start the absolute cuts at a whole 0.5mg Clonazepam tablet would be equivalent to starting absolute cuts of Valium at 10mg. This would mean people reducing their dose by 10% (1mg), and not reducing the size of this cut all the way down to zero (they would always cut by 1mg). This is double the size of cut most people would be making once their dose dips below 10mg (they usually cut 0.5mg at a time). You should bare in mind that cutting 10% of your dose every 12 days is likely tougher than cutting a total of 10% over 12 days (making very small daily cuts). If we keep to these figures accurately (practically, not possible), then you would finish your taper in the same time span with whichever system you used. However, I would expect that the daily titration method would be easier on you. The issue revolves around not starting these absolute cuts too soon. Personally, I think your overall taper rate might be slower than it need be. If it was increased to a taper rate of 10% every 8 days (for example), but the absolute cuts still started at 0.4 of a 0.5mg tablet (40ml in your cylinder), then your taper rate would be faster at first, but would still be more gentle towards the end of the taper compared to cutting 10% over 12 days but starting absolute cuts at a whole 0.5mg tablet.

10% over 12 days; absolute cuts @ 0.4 tablets:

Start: 2008-05-23

0.6 tabs (60ml): 2008-07-19

0.4 tabs (40ml): 2008-09-02

0 tabs (0ml): 2008-12-25

The above taper has you cutting at a moderate rate in the first, second and third sections.

10% over 12 days; absolute cuts @ 1 tabs

0.6 tabs: 2008-07-07

0.4 tabs: 2008-07-30

0 tabs: 2008-09-13

This taper has you tapering at moderate in the first section, but more quickly in the second and third sections.

10% over 8 days; absolute cuts @ 0.4 tabs

0.6 tabs: 2008-06-30

0.4 tabs: 2008-07-30

0 tabs: 2008-10-14

This third option tapers you faster, at first, than the first two options, has a fairly moderate middle section, and a moderate end section. I think this third pattern is better. What kind of rate have you managed so far? Unless you've experiences great problems cutting, it should be OK to taper at reasonably optimistic rate, especially from a relatively small dose. We are still talking about nearly five months to taper off one tablet after all.

Well, I started out at 1mg in DEC of 07 and then in feb I begun cutting down w/o too many problems..I was just cutting the pills dry.

I got to 0.5 in March feeling okay, but at that time it gets confusing for me because I was put on oxycodone then. I was still cutting a 1/4 tab per two weeks WHILE on the oxycodone and made it down to 0.25 and not experiencing any WD at all except some muscle twitches and difficulty sleeping. Although, right when I quit the oxycodone (may 5) PAnic attakcs set in big time ..I mean HUGE. heart has been beating pretty hard.

ok so I came here in a panic mode, and I decided to reinstate to 0.5 at that time and I felt good for about a week or so, but now even at the 0.5 dose I'm fine for about 6 hours after I take it, then I begin getting the very bad anxiety attacks and my heart is still beating fast..so I was thinking and it was suggested to me I was in tolerance Withdrawal? I am not sure at all.

I know that all sounds confusing, but I was doing well tapering, until oxycodone got thrown into the mix..maybe it was covering up the withdrawals? I'm not sure.

but long story short, still at 0.5 I'm experincing WD 5-6 hours after I take it. and I do not want to increase my dose at all. I want off.

So in this circumstance, do you think it would be better to do a quick taper, or slow? I have no clue myself.

You know a lot of about this Colin, So Whichever you suggest I will do..all I know is I want off. The anxiety I feel now is much worse than it was when I began taking this crap.

but eitherway I did begin today, took my first dose of 99ml

So in this circumstance, do you think it would be better to do a quick taper, or slow? I have no clue myself.

Sott, I think you just need to take this one day at a time. Relax! You just started. Go with this schedule for now. You will have a clue as you proceed. Listen to your body. Better not to start with a quick taper, you can always speed it up.

You definitely are an over-analyser, lol!  ;) 

Yes, Eljay I am very much an over analyzer....always have been...I hate it.  heh

Ok..I will stick with this one for now! :)

:yippee:

Yes, Eljay I am very much an over analyzer....always have been...I hate it.  heh

Ok..I will stick with this one for now! :)

Good boy.  :laugh:

:thumbsup:

Scott, my 2 cents for what it is worth.  I am very appreciative of this slow taper even though my shrink thinks I could probably do it faster. "But if if it ain't broke don't fix it" I am almost down to a 2o% cut in a few days, and I have literally had no symptoms. It has been very easy and steady.  I have a very stressful job in health care, so I cannot afford to be wacko.

I would just trust the process. Measuring out the milk, chopping the pill, pouring it and stirring again sort of empowers me to take responsibility of my titration on a daily basis, but at the same time causes me to relax and not fixate on whether I am gonna be anxiety ridden.

The only thing I do differently now is I drink chamomile tea every night and I run daily instead of 4 times a week.

I am also on no other drugs that could impede a clean titrate.

Have a great Memorial Day holiday. I am gonna get a massage, acupuncture, hear some bluegrass music, and rollerblade.....I am really excited about the holiday.

Hi Intox,

Go with whatever feels best for you. If you would like me to draw up a new schedule, just ask. Alternatively, just go ahead with this schedule and review the situation later. There is no real right or wrong with this, just best guess - and you are the person best placed to make that guess. If later you feel it is not the best option, it can be changed for a better option. There is nothing to worry about - you are not trapped into any particular schedule.

Hi Colin,

Thank you for all your help. I will stick to this schedule and see where I am in a month or two. If all is going well maybe then we can work on a faster schedule. But for right now I would feel comfortable following this one. Then we will see :)

Thanks again

-Scott

The schedule Colin developed for me has been working fine. It appears that yours fits your needs. The key is just taking it one day at a time, and taking the slow taper. I have not had any horrible symptoms and it has been extremely manageable. Will be 1/4 way through my taper in a few days.