Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long after being benzo free before discontinuing birth control pills?

[su...]

Hello Buddies,

I am interested in knowing how long to stay on Birth Control Pills once I am benzo free? Does anyone have experience, knowledge or know someone who does?

Thank you so much,

Summer

Hi Summer, I don't think there is any "right" answer for this unfortunately. It is all rhyme and reason and everyone's body is different. I am still on BC pills and would like to get off as well. I know many have said changing hormones can affect people in w/d.  I personally think I am going to wait until I am 16 months off benzos before I consider getting off my BC pills. That is around 3 more months for me so I will reassess how I am feeling then. Eventually I am just going to have to go for it because we do want to try for a child, I am not getting any younger  :laugh: so not much choice in my situation. Hopefully it will be an easy transition. I will report my progress when I decide to go for it.

Hello CW,

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I am thinking of transitioning off of BC Pill once I wait at least 14 to 16 months. That is with the support of my gyn. She now knows to transition me to other hormones and not to just cold turkey BC Pills for me. As you know, the discontinuation of BC Pills at the end of my taper threw my wd sxs way off and caused me many problems. I have a second chance here to taper and am looking forward to being benzo free one day.

Love,

Summer

Hi  Summer,  how will your dr transition you off bc pills?  I would like to know because my dr just wanted me to stop at the end of the cycle like anyone else normally would. I got off bc pills in college with no issues but that was prior to benzos, hopefully it will be just as easy this time.