Valium Dosing

[76...]

[76...]

Sigma,

Your doctor reccommended 20mg of K.  OMG, is that even possible?????  I know being at 6mg, where I was, was a very hefty hefty dose.  I, of course, didnt know at the time.  WOW!!  I am happy you didnt follow doctors orders.

Hang in there friend!!

Renee

Yes one Neurologist told me that I could go to 20mg of Klonopin, the max dose in my case.

I'm glad I didn't!

Sigma

That is a scarey amount.  I have come to the point that I now think these docs should have to take first whatever they prescribe, just the way cops have to be tazzed before they can use a tazzer.  It would end up saving alot of people's sanity

Sigmayou are obssesing a lil i take two doses

my Am dose if still havent slept at from last night ill take it at 6-7 am and if i do sleep sometimes i wake up lk around 9-10am then take it n go back to sleep lol

and my night dose; depending on how i feel 6-8 pm i dont really see a difference as long as you get what ur suppose to in those 24 hours....ive been taking the valium for 10 months now trust me!  :thumbsup:

Hi Sigma,

are you on vallium exclusively now?  and are you sometimes varring the dose time because of its anti-convulsive properties?

I am glad you listened to your body regarding the updosing (I had to also last month-we will still get there)

Congratulations on how far you have come already -really! (its like diving at the olyimpics-we are both dealing with an additional difficulty factor)

Your friend David B

[76...]

My dosing now is-

Between 1:00-2:00am  15mg of Valium

8:00-9:00am 5mg Valium

1:00 to 2:00pm 5mg of Valium

= 25mg

The Anti-convulsant property may have left. I don't know.

I use the shakes as my warning sign.  If I am not being too personal, what do you use as your warning sign? (my email is posted)

I find that my cuts need to be slower than the average person also.  BTW I have discovered the average person doesnt really exist!!

[76...]

Aura?

I feel that awake feeling all of a sudden, jerk, muscles kind of feel weak and about to lock up.

BTW I have discovered the average person doesnt really exist!!

Ditto.

David,

Do you ever feel like you're shrinking? (tunnel vision)

[76...]

David,

Also just to note, I have schizophrenia (Paranoid type)

So, they thing some of my seizures could be from that.

yes, muscle jerks are different from the benzo shakes for me!  For me the muscle jerks and aura feel like they are coming directly from and undermining my brain but the benzo shakes, although serious seem like they are more in my body, if that makes any sense maybe its just me.

Tunnel vision, shrinking, yes it sxxks.  Its supposed to have something to do with a change in blood pressure in the brain.  does varing the vallium dose/timing affect to your seizure sxs?

I believe I have inherited petit and grand mal seizures but I know of at least 2 absent seizures.  My theory is that its located in my language center.  somtimes some pretty strange stuff happens when I am reading!  supposedly seizures start in a particular area of the brain, what about you?

[76...]

The valium doses I believe have lost their therapeutic effect on seizures, not sure.

But I cannot just stop.

I have had absent seizures, I just lose ability to think.

The shrinking feeling is horrible, there's a name for it AIWS, you can google it.

I had it so bad as a kid.. I went into a 15-20 minute status epilepticus, I was given pheno at the ER it stopped.

Also I have some hypnotic jerks (Myoclonus)

I was told my seizures are caused my electrical misfirings in the brain, and this is where it starts.

You know how you're coming off the benzo and you feel that waking up feeling?

That can start a seizure imo because the brightness of the light and so on, it triggers me something horrible.

I was initially given klonopin, but i crossed to valium.

[76...]

Eye components are entirely normal. The AIWS is a result of change in perception as opposed to the eyes themselves malfunctioning. The hallmark sign of AIWS is a migraine (AIWS may in part be caused by the migraine).[citation needed] AIWS affects the sufferer's sense of vision, sensation, touch and hearing, as well as one's own body image.

The most prominent and often most disturbing symptom is that of altered body image: the sufferer will find that they are confused as to the size and shape of parts of (or all of) their body.

The eyes themselves are normal, but the sufferer 'sees' objects with the wrong size or shape and/or finds that perspective is incorrect. This can mean that people, cars, buildings, etc. look smaller or larger than they should be, or that distances look incorrect; for example a corridor may appear to be very long, or the ground may appear too close.

Similar to the lack of spatial perspective, the sufferer also loses a sense of time. That is, time seems to pass very slowly, akin to an LSD experience. The lack of time, and space, perspective thus leads to a distorted sense of velocity, since one is missing the two most important parts of the equation. For example, one could be inching along ever so slowly in reality, yet it would seem as if one were sprinting uncontrollably along a moving walkway, leading to severe, overwhelming disorientation. This can then cause the sufferer to feel as if movement, even within their own home, is futile.

In addition, some people may experience more intense and overt hallucinations, seeing things that are not there and misinterpreting events and situations in conjunction with a high fever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_syndrome

wow, never heard it put quite that way before but yes I can relate to some of it.  I have looked down at the floor and it felt 10 feet below.  Upon waiking my hands have felt very large and clumbzie.  I would go back to bed and wake up more slowly and that would seem to take care of it.  sort of pressing a reset button.

Are you on any other anticonvulsants besides Vallium?  The vallium lost siezure effect vs gone into tolerence, is there a difference practically speaking re seizures?

[76...]
Are you on any other anticonvulsants besides Vallium?  The vallium lost siezure effect vs gone into tolerence, is there a difference practically speaking re seizures?

Not yet, David, thinking about Depakote, my meds are changed so much.

I don't know if the Valium has lost its Anti-Convulsant effect, I assume it has after a year.

When I was on Klonopin, I had 0 seizures. Strange  >:(

What other auras do you have?

Hi Sigma ,

As I probably have said, been on low dose of depakote 30+ years, recently dose doubled for benzo withdrawal. no complaints with med.

I once had a seizure woke up on my back with our cat standing on my chest staring down in my face!  A strange experience for both of us I guess!

Auras.  Each time they are a little different yet somehow the same.  Im sorry I know thats not very helpful. My head usually feels like its swelling, while my body feels like all the shock absorbers have been removed, the world becomes too harsh and yes repeated muscle jerks-thats the #1 warning sign for me.

I dont think you have done titrating yet, have you? I have not.  Let me know if I am being too personal -how frequently do you have seizures?  I believe the frequency affects how we veiw/feel about them.

[76...]

Hi Sigma ,

As I probably have said, been on low dose of depakote 30+ years, recently dose doubled for benzo withdrawal. no complaints with med.

I once had a seizure woke up on my back with our cat standing on my chest staring down in my face!  A strange experience for both of us I guess!

Auras.  Each time they are a little different yet somehow the same.  Im sorry I know thats not very helpful. My head usually feels like its swelling, while my body feels like all the shock absorbers have been removed, the world becomes too harsh and yes repeated muscle jerks-thats the #1 warning sign for me.

I dont think you have done titrating yet, have you? I have not.  Let me know if I am being too personal -how frequently do you have seizures?  I believe the frequency affects how we veiw/feel about them.

Nah, you're not being too personal.

My seizures, here is how they started, the aura's.

-Everything looked either too big or too small.

-Buzzing in my head

-colours in the air like zig zag lines

-the feeling like a fever

-legs buckle

-waking up feeling

I have at least 2-3 a month, Partial Complex and Absent.

The Absent seizures, mind just goes blank.

When I was younger.. I would see like everything was too big, it looked too big, It was like I was a giant, and I would convulse.

One seizure I had, my temp got up to 105.4'F, I had Bronchitis, it broke threshold.. very scary.

My auras are mostly changes in how I feel physically. Only visual stuff is sometimes everything takes on a bright blue/silvery tone like too much sunlight.  my seizures changed somewhat with the med I was on.

Do you think there is any connection between tapering off your stuff and your seizures now?

[76...]
My auras are mostly changes in how I feel physically.

You know to always keep your sugar level good?

Drop in sugar can cause a seizure.

I know there are pro-convulsive meds out there like-

Remeron, Trazadone, Lexapro..

They can cause a seizure, Trazadone, I had jerks with it big time at night, and felt wasted, physically.

I completely agree with the sugar crash issue, I make sure to eat a protein with sugar, protiens digest slowly and give a steady blood sugar level.

Cheese sticks (protein) individually wrapped in plastic are great and can take one with you.

Tapering definately wants to cause me seizures thats why the pheno was prescribed for now in low doses- without it seizures likely.  It does dampen my senses somewhat but I dont have alot of options.  I know many at BB are opposed to pheno, I just dont seem to have alot of options here.  (special circumstances as you know).

Are you able to hold at 25mg vallium?  I had to updose earlier in july.

[76...]
Are you able to hold at 25mg vallium?

So far I am, just got 5mg pills today to start my taper yet again. I couldn't work with 10mg pills.

[76...]

my Am dose if still havent slept at from last night ill take it at 6-7 am and if i do sleep sometimes i wake up lk around 9-10am then take it n go back to sleep lol

and my night dose; depending on how i feel 6-8 pm i dont really see a difference as long as you get what ur suppose to in those 24 hours....ive been taking the valium for 10 months now trust me!  :thumbsup:

Just caught this, yes my night dose varies from 10:00pm to 1:00am.

I Alternated the largest dose to night because of insomnia.

[76...]

I changed my dosing because of sleep issues-

10:00pm-11:00pm 15mg

9:00am- 4mg (I decided to go ahead and cut a mg)

2:00-3:00pm- 5mg

Is this ok to alternate the dose like this?

I have been having sleeping problems, why I did it.

Thanks.

[76...]

I just seen this IwillnIcan, do you take it at these different times while tapering?