Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Remeron Taper

[Na...]

So I tried several weeks back to cut out my Remeron 30mg c/t.  Bad idea.... What was I thinking?  Anyway, I still have symptoms that I just attribute to the Remeron such as head pressure.  Even Ashton mentions that the only AD she would avoid while in Benzo withdrawal is Remeron.  Thanks doctors!  So I am trying to do things slowwwwly this time.  Last night I cut out 7.5 (roughly a quarter) of my 30mg tab.  Is this slow enough?  I want to cut maybe every 2 to 3 weeks.  I am in no hurry, and don't want to aggravate by benzo withdrawal symtoms.  Its weird though.  Last night was my first cut, and this morning I had no morning anxiety and significantly less head pressure.  Not sure if it is just a coincidence or not, but it happened.  Thoughts?

Where does Ashton mention avoiding Remeron? I don't believe I've ever read that...

Neither have I. I'm on Remeron and cutting Clonazepam with no difficulty; in fact I think it might be helping me.

Yeah, I just looked and couldn't find it either.  Maybe I got it mixed up with something else.  I just remember reading somewhere and thought it was Ashton that mentioned the only AD she would avoid during withdrawal was Remeron.  Not sure, I'll keep investigating.  I know I saw it somewhere...

I have had head pressure from benzo withdrawal -- I had these way before I ever started taking Remeron. It feels like a band around the head, pushing your head down. It's actually listed as one of the most common symptoms from benzo withdrawal.

As for cutting Remeron, be careful. I cut mine down very early -- 6 weeks post-benzo, and my withdrawal symptoms went through the roof!  It was terrible. It turns out the Remeron was doing a lot more for me than I thought. I am waiting now to taper the remeron until I am further along.

Good luck!