Remeron Taper

[Na...]

So I tried several weeks back to cut out my Remeron 30mg c/t.  Bad idea.... What was I thinking?  Anyway, I still have symptoms that I just attribute to the Remeron such as head pressure.  Even Ashton mentions that the only AD she would avoid while in Benzo withdrawal is Remeron.  Thanks doctors!  So I am trying to do things slowwwwly this time.  Last night I cut out 7.5 (roughly a quarter) of my 30mg tab.  Is this slow enough?  I want to cut maybe every 2 to 3 weeks.  I am in no hurry, and don't want to aggravate by benzo withdrawal symtoms.  Its weird though.  Last night was my first cut, and this morning I had no morning anxiety and significantly less head pressure.  Not sure if it is just a coincidence or not, but it happened.  Thoughts?

Where does Ashton mention avoiding Remeron? I don't believe I've ever read that...

Neither have I. I'm on Remeron and cutting Clonazepam with no difficulty; in fact I think it might be helping me.

Yeah, I just looked and couldn't find it either.  Maybe I got it mixed up with something else.  I just remember reading somewhere and thought it was Ashton that mentioned the only AD she would avoid during withdrawal was Remeron.  Not sure, I'll keep investigating.  I know I saw it somewhere...

I have had head pressure from benzo withdrawal -- I had these way before I ever started taking Remeron. It feels like a band around the head, pushing your head down. It's actually listed as one of the most common symptoms from benzo withdrawal.

As for cutting Remeron, be careful. I cut mine down very early -- 6 weeks post-benzo, and my withdrawal symptoms went through the roof!  It was terrible. It turns out the Remeron was doing a lot more for me than I thought. I am waiting now to taper the remeron until I am further along.

Good luck!