Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Shaking/twitching/weakness

[Lu...]

Did anyone have these symptoms worsen as time went on post jump? I am 5 months out and it seems these symptoms are actually still progressively getting worse. Constant muscle fasiculations, everywhere all day. Eyebrow, cheek, neck, chest, hands, feet and most of all calf’s. You name the muscle group it’s twitching. My legs are so weak like jelly, sometimes they even shake when I’m standing like I just got done squatting 300 lbls. Literally feel like I ran a marathon every day. I am a pretty big strong guy prior to this. My muscles feel like they can’t support my weight. My balance is also incredibly still way off. And it feels like it’s progressively still getting worse. I’m scared. Anyone had these symptoms still worsening at 5 months? 

@[Lu...]

yes indeed, 5 mos was actually a terrible month for me. I too got worse with every symptom you have plus more you don’t mention like depression anger hair loss weak muscles and difficulty breathing, very hard to even get up and going resulting in bed bound for hours a day.

i got improvement at 6.5mis and thought I was out of the woods then at 8mos it got bad again with new symptoms while others went away or lessened.

i was polydrugged with rapid tapers so im a severe example.

i just past a year off and still experiencing difficult symptoms but i get more windows where i can see some improvement in energy and my thinking isn’t so terrifying. Still a long way to go I guess.

i had severe thoughts of death and dying almost nonstop for months.

i am getting some better days.

@[Kr...] thank you for the reply my friend. I unfortunately was rapidly switched between 3 different benzos  over the course of a couple years. Ativan to klonopin back to attivan then to Xanax all with no cross over taper and then cold turkeyed in February. My doctor did a real number on me. so I totally understand the poly drugging and being a severe case. I am so sorry you are going through this but I am very glad to hear you are starting to see some sun peaking through the rain clouds. I also have the debilitating depression, and very very dark thoughts. Also compulsive intrusive thoughts running like a circus ride in my brain 24/7. It’s bad.

i have had a couple symptoms lesson but mostly everything is the same or worse. I felt I was getting better at around month 4 then had to take an anti biotic and it wrecked me. 

did you also ever get burning skin feeling? That’s a new one for me started last night. Whole torso felt like I rolled in poison ivy. 

I can kind of wrap my head around things not being fully better at 5 months, but things still worsening or new symptoms just starting truly defies all imagination. Baffling. 

10 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

did you also ever get burning skin feeling?

Yes indeed, and my face gets hot and even my eyes burn.

part of the hell is we can’t wrap our minds around this. It feels like no matter how hard we try we’ll never be able to fully communicate the gravity and insanity of the situation and symptoms.

I also get numbness and tingling and cold spots that feel like water dripping inside my face and lips. 

I lost a lot of muscle tone because exercise with weights was impossible for me. Still not strong enough to do more than 3 pound dumbbells for more than a few minutes.

You have bladder issues? It’s numb down there and either I can’t pee much or have to pee often and it’s not a strong flow and feels like I can’t fully empty. 

Please feel free to message me about anything with symptoms. I like knowing I’m not so special having these multiple symptoms, like a lot!!

what sucks too is sleep. Has never really felt like I’ve slept and got rest. 

❤️‍🩹

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Also compulsive intrusive thoughts running like a circus ride in my brain 24/7. It’s bad

This one sucks the worst. Never shuts up and makes me feel mentally ill like now I need psych meds from this injury 

@[Lu...] You sound so much like I have felt! Xanax for 40 years and same symptoms developed as you after weaning off – vibrations all the way up and into my neck (which I still have), muscles twitching like crazy throughout my legs and trunk (that stopped after about 6 months). My legs felt like jelly just like yours, I literally felt like I was bouncing when I walked, my legs felt heavy and I was apologizing to people I was with because I felt like I couldn’t walk straight, like I was drunk or something. That went on for months, but now I get it intermittently so I’m able to go to the gym on a regular basis. And the skin burning you feel!! OMG – Yes! It felt like someone was holding a match stick all to all different parts of my body. It was horrible. I’m almost a year off and that has now stopped, so I hope the same happens for you. I have more symptoms, but the ones you mentioned really resonated with me.

17 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Yes indeed, and my face gets hot and even my eyes burn.

part of the hell is we can’t wrap our minds around this. It feels like no matter how hard we try we’ll never be able to fully communicate the gravity and insanity of the situation and symptoms.

I also get numbness and tingling and cold spots that feel like water dripping inside my face and lips. 

I lost a lot of muscle tone because exercise with weights was impossible for me. Still not strong enough to do more than 3 pound dumbbells for more than a few minutes.

You have bladder issues? It’s numb down there and either I can’t pee much or have to pee often and it’s not a strong flow and feels like I can’t fully empty. 

Please feel free to message me about anything with symptoms. I like knowing I’m not so special having these multiple symptoms, like a lot!!

what sucks too is sleep. Has never really felt like I’ve slept and got rest. 

❤️‍🩹

I absolutely have the bladder issues as well which is another one which is hard to wrap your mind around. How these little pills can affect so many major bodily functions. I don’t have the numbness down there but  I have to pee constantly and it’s always just super clear like I am absorbing none of the water I drink and just immediately pee it out. Makes no sense at all. I hate it. Also feel free to message me whenever, having a friend who is also going through this to talk to might be the only way any of us survive this 🤜🤛

10 hours ago, [[v...] said:

@[Lu...] You sound so much like I have felt! Xanax for 40 years and same symptoms developed as you after weaning off – vibrations all the way up and into my neck (which I still have), muscles twitching like crazy throughout my legs and trunk (that stopped after about 6 months). My legs felt like jelly just like yours, I literally felt like I was bouncing when I walked, my legs felt heavy and I was apologizing to people I was with because I felt like I couldn’t walk straight, like I was drunk or something. That went on for months, but now I get it intermittently so I’m able to go to the gym on a regular basis. And the skin burning you feel!! OMG – Yes! It felt like someone was holding a match stick all to all different parts of my body. It was horrible. I’m almost a year off and that has now stopped, so I hope the same happens for you. I have more symptoms, but the ones you mentioned really resonated with me.

OMG YES the bouncing walking feeling is horrible, I have been looking for the word to describe it but that is exactly the feeling I have while walking. It’s so scary and debilitating. The fact these medicines can take so much away from us truly boggles my mind. I am so so happy to hear you are feeling well enough to go to the gym, I truly hope I can reach that point soon I have probably gained 20 pounds since this all started in February. I feel terribly about myself! Praying for your and my healing 🙏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[T...] said:

5 months is a great start, but as others have said, that seems to be when my symptoms were really bad too.  Maybe take the time to read this rather long post, it could answer a lot of your questions?  Peace

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/270442-2400-days-off-my-insomniabenzo-advice/page/5/#comment-3517570

Thank you my friend

18 hours ago, [[K...] said:

This one sucks the worst. Never shuts up and makes me feel mentally ill like now I need psych meds from this injury 

I'll second that. It's just painful and exausting. I'm starting an antidepressant to try and combat this as this mental stuff, depression, intrusive thoughts, anxiety, mood swings etc. etc. is getting too much.

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

I'll second that. It's just painful and exausting. I'm starting an antidepressant to try and combat this as this mental stuff, depression, intrusive thoughts, anxiety, mood swings etc. etc. is getting too much.

I pray the meds help you a little. I tried that route and unfortunately they made things worse and I wasn’t willing to keep trying meds upon meds after what I went through with them. 

I know it has softened the blow for some. Wish I was one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[K...] said:

I pray the meds help you a little. I tried that route and unfortunately they made things worse and I wasn’t willing to keep trying meds upon meds after what I went through with them. 

I know it has softened the blow for some. Wish I was one.

Yeah it feels risky. How did it make you worse?

Yeah it feels risky. How did it make you worse?

Each med did that differently. Way too much to detail. Anywhere from insomnia to akathisia  to what felt like psychosis. And if those symptoms were already present it worsened them 

not something I want to remember 

• Like 1