Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Nothing is fun anymore

[Lu...]

Week 4 off Xanax .5 and I’m waiting to start to feel normal again but doesn't seem like is gonna happen anytime soon. I was only on it for 6 months. I have bbq and big events coming up soon and I trying to avoid going to them. Family doesn’t understand that I want to go but can’t. I’m normally the life of the party. I can’t drink, eat, talk etc…. I’m trying my best to push forward but doesn’t seem to get better. 

3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Week 4 off Xanax .5 and I’m waiting to start to feel normal again but doesn't seem like is gonna happen anytime soon. I was only on it for 6 months. I have bbq and big events coming up soon and I trying to avoid going to them. Family doesn’t understand that I want to go but can’t. I’m normally the life of the party. I can’t drink, eat, talk etc…. I’m trying my best to push forward but doesn’t seem to get better. 

You are still early Luis. Hang in there my friend. I am still very uncomfortable around groups of ppl and being out in public spaces. I recently resumed my taper. Unlike you, I have been on these drugs for decades.

What medical problem were you put on the benzos for?

20 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

You are still early Luis. Hang in there my friend. I am still very uncomfortable around groups of ppl and being out in public spaces. I recently resumed my taper. Unlike you, I have been on these drugs for decades.

Just trying to sleep. Bad anxiety. Didn’t know the repercussions this can cause. I have parties that I want to attend to that involves drinking that I enjoy I feel like I can’t now I’m stuck 

2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Just trying to sleep. Bad anxiety. Didn’t know the repercussions this can cause. I have parties that I want to attend to that involves drinking that I enjoy I feel like I can’t now I’m stuck 

24 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

How long are you in recovery for? 

25 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I would try to hold off on the alcohol as much as possible until your nervous systems calms down some. If you do drink, I would keep the amounts very small in each 24-hour window.

I also hate not being able to socialize like I want to.😭

I’m so shocked about all of this. I gotta watch what I eat. Can’t drink, can’t sleep, can’t concentrate, barley have motivation to work or socialize. I’m only venturing because family and friends don’t understand. I feel like I’m stuck in another dimension. I feel like besides the normal worrying about everyday life issues now I gotta deal with this for years. 

Edited by [Lu...]

Curious @[Lu...],

How was your life prior to the xanax?

Many of us were suffering terribly prior to benzos (I was having panic attacks and uncontrolled anxiety). The irony here is that we took the benzos to help alleviate how crummy we were feeling and the drug actually makes the problem you started taking it for much worse after long-term use.

It is one helluva catch-22.

• Like 1

It wasn’t this bad little nervous about the norm but couldn’t sleep due to work not I added all of this that I’m not ready for. Its literally like changing everything about yourself terrible