Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Eye Strain and the computer screen

[le...]

Hi Buddies,

I really don't know where to post this question.  I do not know if it is a benzo-related withdrawal thing or not, but I go through periods (I am in one now) where the brightness of my computer screen just kills my eyes.  It makes it very difficult for me to stay on very long at all, and I really need to be here (on the forum).

Are there others of you that have this problem, and if so, have you found something that can remedy it?  I cannot remember where I saw (at least I think I saw) a post or something somewhere that said you could download something that would make it not so bright.  (That is terribly nebulous, I know...)  I tried to google about this, but obviously I did not know the key words to describe what I need.

I would deeply appreciate any thoughts or advice.

~Leena

Hi Beeper....Thank you so much.  I will check into that link!

Amano...I am embarrassed to admit that I do not even know what a "theme" is???

~Leena :smitten:

Hi Beeper....Thank you so much.  I will check into that link!

Amano...I am embarrassed to admit that I do not even know what a "theme" is???

~Leena :smitten:

Sometimes my eyes feel like I've just looked at the sun when looking at the computer screen too long.

Leena, you can change the theme by going to your profile, then under "Modify Profile" click "Look and Layout" to change the theme, some of the other themes might help you with this. I myself turned my brightness down a tad and that seemed to help.  

• 2 weeks later...

The download for screen adjustment according to the time of day is called F.lux. You can download it here http://stereopsis.com/flux/

I use it and find it very helpful. You will need to post your latitude and longitude in the program but it is very easy as it has a function for this.

• 1 month later...

The computer screen really messes with my head it's awful.  By the end of the workday I have so much anxiety I'm almost in tears.

Hugs

Kristin