Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Best sleep score ever

[Ma...]

My sleep is better lately overall than it’s ever been, and I’m still tapering.  It’s actually better than it ever was on benzos and I’m even remembering dreams now.

During the first half of my taper, it was awful with many zero sleep nights and many more of only broken sleep for a couple hours.  Once again it’s improved after a long hold.  I’ve gone from 1.0 mg to .25 mg.  Have been holding at .25 for a month now.  I think for me at least, I’m healing as I go.  Can’t wait for the day I’m at zero to see what my sleep will be like.  Don’t accept that your sleep will suck indefinitely. It will get better if you give it time.  

IMG_5924.jpeg

• Like 1

@[Ma...] That’s such good news about your sleep score. You’re down to .25 mg. That’s quite an achievement. Are you still having leg and pelvic pain from an accident years ago?

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

@[Ma...] That’s such good news about your sleep score. You’re down to .25 mg. That’s quite an achievement. Are you still having leg and pelvic pain from an accident years ago?

Yes unfortunately. That’s a different issue but seeing physical therapy again - one day at a time…

You’re a fortunate fellow. A score of 95 is excellent. I wear a fit bit and the best score I’ve ever had is 90 and that was only once. Usually I’m in the upper 70s-low 80s range. Which according to what I’ve read is typical per FitBit. Plus I’m 75. Back pain at night is my nemesis and I get travel anxiety the night before I fly. Wishing you continued success 

• Like 1

The dreams indicate that you are going into REM sleep.  Benzos inhibit REM and deep wave sleep so it makes sense that things are improving from that standpoint.  I had a period where I had a similar experience with my taper, I started dreaming again.  Now not so much but hopefully things continue to improve.

• Like 1

It is nice to hear. U got it! Improved sleep during tapering is great news. Healing takes time, and your experience proves it. Can't wait to see your sleep at zero benzos. Patience and persistence pay off. Check out matcha green tea with turmeric https://betterme.world/articles/matcha-green-tea-with-turmeric-benefits-side-effects/ for potential benefits.

Edited by [Od...]

11 hours ago, [[C...] said:

@[Ma...]  you didn't cheat to achieve that score did you? ::) If so I will be sure to tattle to the Sand Man.

Haha nope.  It’s a far cry from where my sleep was 7-8 months ago. 

• Like 1