Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Knackered Seeks Progress with Benzos

[kn...]

[kn...]

Wondering if there's any chance that you'll ever heal up?  Have you screwed yourself up for life?  Explore your hopes for success and other notions of survival on a new blog @[kn...] right here in the BB blog site.  

Such a good idea….step away from the WD obsession! My  normal is to be physically active, socially  engaged, have emotional depth…. and able to plan ahead!  Thank you knackered! :smitten:

• Love 2

[kn...]

Thanks for your positive reply and interest in my blog.  I wrote this in response to my own sense of regret at getting myself dependent on Benzos and taking them for so long.  This has only led to personal guilt and an obsession with getting off this stuff as quickly as possible.  That has not resulted in a happy taper.  It sounds like you're doing very well.  Congratulations.  Keep that positive attitude.  This kind of of thing helps everyone around here.

• Love 1

[kn...]

Looking for balance in your Benzo life?  Wondering if you can keep it all together while still tapering on?  Check out what @[kn...] has to say about the whole thing in his latest article right here on the BB blog site.  

[kn...]

Wondering what's going on in your head these days?  Ever questioned your state of mind and thought about how it's changed since the whole Benzo thing started?  Why not check out @[kn...]'s new blog right here on the BB site.  Weigh in and comment on. Thanks for reading. 

[Kr...]
23 hours ago, [[k...] said:

Ever questioned your state of mind and thought about how it's changed since the whole Benzo thing started?

How are you feeling @[kn...]?

When will you be done tapering ?

Thanks for making everyone laugh. 🤣 

• Love 1

[kn...]

This has been a rough week. I’m on the down side of 4mgs in a taper that started @ 60 mgs of diazepam in the fall of ‘21.  I just cut 10% off of 4 last Sunday. Thanks for your nice comments. I’m glad you appreciate the blog. I’m trying to provide some relief for all of us. 

[wi...]

You have the patience of a saint.  Good job on your taper!  

I went too fast toward the end of my valium taper because I felt so horrible on it, but it has now left me protracted.  Looking forward to both of us healing.  You will be free some day of the taper and the drug.

xo

• Love 1

[kn...]

Thanks, indeed, for your kind acknowledgment. I hit the wall when I rushed down to 2 mg. Hung there for 5 mo. and finally gave up when I couldn’t stabilize and up dosed to 4. I hated to do it, but I couldn’t get out of bed or function at all. 

• Like 1

[kn...]

Feel like you're in the process of getting 'torn to pieces' by Benzo withdrawal?  Hope you can just get it over and return to what you once thought was 'normal'.  Chances are there's little hope of that happening.  The things we're enmeshed in will never let us go back to our 'old selves'.  See what @[kn...] has to say about all this in his new blog just out right here on BB.  Thanks for following along.  It's appreciated.  

• Like 1

[kn...]

Remember this one? "Counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all...don't tell me, I've nothing to do." It's from that crazy 60's era, but many of us are living it in the present.  Stuck at home and in pain as usual, @[kn...] attempts to find ways to keep his 'basement brain' at bay.  Find out how that's working for him right here on the BB blog site.  Thanks for reading.  

[kn...]

There have a number of classic 'screw ups' in the pharmaceutical industry through the years.  Yes, Benzos are right up there at the top, but there have too many others as well.  Some are the result of little investigation by the FDA and others stem from horrific events after the population has tried them out for a few years.  Today @[kn...] looks into the whole thing and finds some surprises you might  be interested in.  Catch it all right here on the blogs @[kn...].  Thanks for looking. Keep on reading. 

[...]
Posted (edited)

Hi Knackered,

I hope you are holding up and I am sorry for the delay in responding to you:mybuddy:  I am just not spending as much time here at BB- mostly reframing the WD experience

I am coming in from the cognitive angle of withdrawal and injury….truth vs lies the benzos tell me.

WD is a bear!  Hang in there💕

Peace,

Beck

Edited by [...]

[kn...]
Posted (edited)

Hi-After many months of trying to figure things out on my own, I have a new provider. She is the first female psych med provider I’ve had and has a much different approach than the three other males I’ve had in the past. While the guys (I’m a guy too) have been all about chopping pills and getting off as fast as possible, she talks about compassion for oneself and healing as you taper rather than trying to just live through the agony all the time. It’ slow going, but I feel better and starting to heal. 😀

Edited by [kn...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[...]

I’m so glad you have found this provider! Self-compassion is so important.  

• Love 1

[kn...]

Frustrated with your Benzo taper and seeking a way out?  Do you always feel stymied in your attempts to make things happen with your doctor, social groups and support people?  You probably need to "calm down".  But how in the world is that done when we're struggling to just make it through another day of Benzo symptoms and withdrawals?  There are reasons for all this and a few ways out if we're willing.  Find out what @[kn...] has to say about it all, right here on the BB blog site in his new entry.  Thanks for reading...  

[PE...]

Oh really :))

Have to check out what knackered has to say then :)

do you have a link? Or whete is it located?

[kn...]

There is a Divine Feminine side to all of us, regardless of our chosen gender.  The qualities therein serve us well in this wounded community that we support and draw our strength from.    We need to embrace them if we're to heal in an environment of compassion and acceptance. Read it all on today's blog entry @[kn...].  Thanks to all for following.  

[kn...]

Our gentle, healthy, and wonderful lab received a death sentence during a vet appointment last week.  Without much hope, I've posted my heartfelt response for you to read and reply to on the blog site.  If you have any words of support, similar life events that would help, or words of wisdom, please share them.  Anything offered would be greatly appreciated.  I look forward to what you have to say.  Many thanks in advance.   @[kn...]

[kn...]

Thanks to the many who read and left comments regarding my blog concerning our Lab's recent cancer diagnosis. Your words meant more than you could ever know.  This time around we seek to lighten things up a bit with my new entry, "Knackered Goes Tribal with Benzos".  Check it out right here in my new post on the blog site.  Thanks for reading and following @[kn...].

[kn...]

Stuck by the side of the road?  Feel like your Benzo plan has bottomed out?  Our lives are always under construction of some kind.  Today, @[kn...] lends some help for those who might feel like they've broken down completely.  Read it here, on the blog site at BB.  Thanks for following.  It's appreciated.  

Read @[kn...]

[kn...]
Posted (edited)

Check out my blog site. Just click at the ‘header’ near the forums. If you signed in on your phone, go to the three yellow bars in the upper right corner, click on browse, then to blogs. 

Edited by [kn...]