Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Why the long time headaches and what I have discovered!!!

[Ga...]

[Ga...]
Posted (edited)

As some of you may or may not know, I am a protracted buddy who has suffered with bad headaches and weird sensations after a fall resulting in a concussion in 2020;  I was put on Valium with the thinking that because Valium is a great muscle relaxer it would rid me of the headaches coming from tight neck muscles.  Over the last few months I have been having less headaches, and I am now finding that my headaches are coming from stress!!!!!!!   The headaches are no longer from the Valium, but, instead come on quickly when I am angry or stressed.  Now I know why when I was in the hospital or out with friends or just totally relaxing out in nature I have no headache.  Example:  This morning I awoke with no headache and then I became stressed at home and the headache flared up quickly….like a quick wave!  Now that I am relaxing outside I have no headache!  This has become a pattern long enough for me to accept that I need to control my stress or suffer the consequences.  At one hospitalization I was up early in the morning walking all around the floor, feeling absolutely normal.  I asked my doctor why I felt so much better in the hospital and he said it was because I felt safe and protected.  No stress, no headache.  I have been waking up lately around 6:00 a.m. with a headache, so I head out to the front porch when the sun comes up and within an hour my headache is gone!!!

For me the proof is in the pudding…..less stress no headaches!

GG

Edited by [Ga...]
Changed the tense of a word
  • Like 2

[Cr...]

Excellent @[Ga...]! I am glad you have found a source for your headaches. While the headaches may not be directly from withdrawal, your protracted withdrawal has probably really lowered your threshold for tolerating stress. So indirectly your headaches may still be from the recovery process.

Now we come to the bigger issue. How to prevent stress :crazy:

• Love 1

[Ga...]

Crono, that is the million dollar question?!?!   My doctor says to begin each day with deep breathing and some form of relaxation such as yoga or just a nice walk.  I do find that when I am out of my house I do relax more….distraction distraction distraction.  I am limping along with a knee injury right now, so as soon as I am out of pain, I will be back to gardening which is a total stress free activity which brings me great joy.  Dr.Jennifer Leigh went outside and tore up her front yard when she was at her absolute worst and said it helped her tremendously!  She is fully recovered now and coaches others going through the hell of BZW.

I hope you are healing!

GG

• Love 1

[je...]

That’s wonderful @[Ga...]! I’m so glad you found the cause. Living with chronic headaches is a struggle. Think how wonderful life would be if it could be stress free! 

[Ga...]

Thanks, jelly baby, I hope you are doing well🙏🙏🙏😍

• Like 1