Jump to content
Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Down to 2 mg of Pregabalin (from 50). can I jump soon?


[mt...]

Recommended Posts

[mt...]

After almost a year of tapering I am down to 2 mg. I don't have a lot of symptoms coming from this taper, although it's been way more difficult when I got below 10mg.  wondering when I could 'safely' jump .. is it 1 mg or below? 

Any recent experiences, anyone?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[or...]

Hi Mteverest,

I don't know anything about your Pregabalin, read a little, but I can't give you any info, or share any personal experience with you.  If you are doing good with your taper, I would continue with it just as you have been.  Jumping really should be a personal-preference on when to do that.  I would say take it easy since you did feel some worse sxs when you got lower. 

Taking your time could end up saving you much worse symptoms, it's all up to you, and listening to your body, oregonlady

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[or...]

@[mt...] I didn't taper pregabalin, but I tapered gabapentin, and asked myself the same question at .5 mgs. I had tapered down from 2300 mgs and it was hard. But at .5 mgs I felt okay. Still, I recalled how miserable my taper had been and decided to taper to zero. There seemed to be no downside. I'm a weenie, so I tapered to zero. I guess we all have to decide when to jump . . . or to keep tapering until there's no more to taper. If you're feeling okay, maybe go for it. Or . . . ask yourself what's the downside in tapering to zero? Whatever you decide, best wishes my friend:mybuddy: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[mt...]
3 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

@[mt...] I didn't taper pregabalin, but I tapered gabapentin, and asked myself the same question at .5 mgs. I had tapered down from 2300 mgs and it was hard. But at .5 mgs I felt okay. Still, I recalled how miserable my taper had been and decided to taper to zero. There seemed to be no downside. I'm a weenie, so I tapered to zero. I guess we all have to decide when to jump . . . or to keep tapering until there's no more to taper. If you're feeling okay, maybe go for it. Or . . . ask yourself what's the downside in tapering to zero? Whatever you decide, best wishes my friend:mybuddy: 

Thank you for your input and sharing your experience. do I understand correctly that you successfully jumped when you got to .5? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[or...]
2 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

@[mt...] I didn't taper pregabalin, but I tapered gabapentin, and asked myself the same question at .5 mgs. I had tapered down from 2300 mgs and it was hard. But at .5 mgs I felt okay. Still, I recalled how miserable my taper had been and decided to taper to zero. There seemed to be no downside. I'm a weenie, so I tapered to zero. I guess we all have to decide when to jump . . . or to keep tapering until there's no more to taper. If you're feeling okay, maybe go for it. Or . . . ask yourself what's the downside in tapering to zero? Whatever you decide, best wishes my friend:mybuddy: 

Thanks for the reminder OK ;) I'm a weenie too, and will taper to zero as well.  Mine will probably be something like .001 in pill weight :D if my scale cooperates ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[mt...]
Just now, [[o...] said:

Thanks for the reminder OK ;) I'm a weenie too, and will taper to zero as well.  Mine will probably be something like .001 in pill weight :D if my scale cooperates ;)

.001? Wow. Now that's perseverance and patience!!! :clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
[PE...]

50mg is a VERY small dose! Did it even had any effect?

As comparison i have a friend that was subscribed 900mg a day and just stopped taking it. She had problems for a few weeks though.

I stopped taking phenibut witch is another gaba drug. It was like a benzo wd but very short. I was ok after a week.

Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/06/2024 at 03:23, [[P...] said:

50mg is a VERY small dose! Did it even had any effect?

As comparison i have a friend that was subscribed 900mg a day and just stopped taking it. She had problems for a few weeks though.

I stopped taking phenibut witch is another gaba drug. It was like a benzo wd but very short. I was ok after a week.

Good luck. 

Yes it did have an effect, however the side effects were worse rendering it useless for me,basically.

Glad to hear she/you have such great neuroplasticity; I only cope with a 10 to 20% a month reduction..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Yes it did have an effect, however the side effects were worse rendering it useless for me,basically.

Glad to hear she/you have such great neuroplasticity; I only cope with a 10 to 20% a month reduction..

I don't think my friend knew what she was up to.. she was in real pain during here withdrawal. But only mental stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/06/2024 at 16:10, [[m...] said:

Yes it did have an effect, however the side effects were worse rendering it useless for me,basically.

Glad to hear she/you have such great neuroplasticity; I only cope with a 10 to 20% a month reduction..

Have your muscles issues gotten better as you taper?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, [[f...] said:

Have your muscles issues gotten better as you taper?

Heartbreakingly not. Facing the same continuous decline . No correlation with the taper. Maybe(?!?!) things will get better when I will be 100% Med free, if I ever will be able to see that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...