Jump to content
Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Withdrawal


Recommended Posts

[Ma...]

I am down to 3mg a day from 5mg (Diazepam). Am I ok to just stop

Edited by [Ma...]
Missed info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Ma...]

Doc did say I could just stop at 5mg but I was finding it tough. It’s been roughly 48hrs since I took the last dose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@[Ma...], hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies!) We're glad you're here.

Please, could you elaborate a little? What benzo have you been taking? How long and how often? How are you feeling at the moment? Any symptoms? It's just difficult to advise anything without this information.

Anyway, Good Luck to you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@[Ma...], 6 months isn't that long but it can depend. If you feel just ok, meaning you haven't developed physical dependency yet, i think, you can try to keep doing without diazepam. Perhaps, you'll have some mild issues for a while but, as far as i know, ppl do it and live happily ever after. Or, if it'll make you feel better, you can be reducing your dosage more slowly for a couple of weeks further. It's just my opinion. I'm sure other members will share theirs too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[jo...]
16 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Hey :) diazepam, I’ve been using it for 6months I think roughly at 5mg a day. I don’t think I am feeling anything bad expect some paranoia of stopping.

if you decide to just stop and all hell breaks loose you could always take it again and the taper off slowly. Or you could just taper off it without testing the water. I'm sure most would say thats the more sensible option. Some can stop without to many problems. It's hard to say if your one of those people or not. Everyone is different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Ma...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

if you decide to just stop and all hell breaks loose you could always take it again and the taper off slowly. Or you could just taper off it without testing the water. I'm sure most would say thats the more sensible option. Some can stop without to many problems. It's hard to say if your one of those people or not. Everyone is different.

Thankyou, I really appreciate it 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Js...]
28 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Doc did say I could just stop at 5mg but I was finding it tough. It’s been roughly 48hrs since I took the last dose. 

Good luck and congrats @[Ma...] I think 48 hours is too early, withdrawal symptoms hammered in for me at Day 2 even with a taper. Nonetheless, it sounds like you have already made the first jump and I would agree with the above posts. Celebrating you <3

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Ma...]
Just now, [[J...] said:

Good luck and congrats @[Ma...] I think 48 hours is too early, withdrawal symptoms hammered in for me at Day 2 even with a taper. Nonetheless, it sounds like you have already made the first jump and I would agree with the above posts. Celebrating you <3

Thankyou :D, anyone any idea when I can have a couple beers? It’s been like 11 months :( 🤣 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Js...]
3 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Thankyou :D, anyone any idea when I can have a couple beers? It’s been like 11 months :( 🤣 

Never been a drinker but I'd say you will know when. Certainly when you feel like you have beat it, but if you feel it is affecting your sleep or habits then best to probably sustain.

Maybe wait is best as one beer can lead to another depending on you - but sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and processed foods are things I measure carefully to stabilize my mood. I do miss a joint here and there but since my road to sobriety - I said to hell with everything and might as well be sober all-around. Sobriety is the best form of high.

https://benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/frequently-asked-questions/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Ma...]
1 minute ago, [[J...] said:

Never been a drinker but I'd say you will know when. Certainly when you feel like you have beat it, but if you feel it is affecting your sleep or habits then best to probably sustain.

Maybe wait is best as one beer can lead to another depending on you - but sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and processed foods are things I measure carefully to stabilize my mood. I do miss a joint here and there but since my road to sobriety - I said to hell with everything and might as well be sober all-around. Sobriety is the best form of high.

https://benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/frequently-asked-questions/

Thankyou, I appreciate you 🤙🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[in...]

 

I jumped from something equivalent to 5-10mg eight days ago. I feel ok physically today. It's a mindgame at this point.

5mg is a really small amount. 3mg? 

Yes, you can quit tomorrow.

It's such a small number you won't feel any different if you'd quit tomorrow.

It's all in your head! Stay strong! You got this!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Ma...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

I jumped from something equivalent to 5-10mg eight days ago. I feel ok physically today. It's a mindgame at this point.

5mg is a really small amount. 3mg? 

Yes, you can quit tomorrow.

It's such a small number you won't feel any different if you'd quit tomorrow.

It's all in your head! Stay strong! You got this!

Thankyou! 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Ma...]

Still going 💪🏻, tempted to have a beer but is it safe?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Js...]
6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Still going 💪🏻, tempted to have a beer but is it safe?

Hold strong. It probably is safe but....

I think its best to give it at least a week to see if you have any withdrawals, otherwise if you do have symptoms you might suspect its the beer.   @[Ma...]

Love you.

Edited by [Js...]
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...