Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

has anyone withdrawn from cymbalta (duloxetine)

[ch...]

just wondering cos i think its time to come off them.any problems? i have been off benzos 16months now but had bad time.can anyone help.

hi bb      no replys so i must be the onlyone on this.thats a shame never mind.what about any other a/depressant.do you think it is as hard as benzo w/d.im still having alot of anxiety from them.please let me know.i feel like i am stuck here getting nowere fast.

I have been on tons and tons of antidepressants, and none of them worked.

I tried Cymbalta and had a horrible scary reaction to it. That was the only medicine I've ever reacted that way with. I was vomiting, shivering, couldn't see straight, etc. Terrifying! So I haven't touched it since.

As to your question about wding from ADs... I definitely think they are a LOT easier than benzos. In all of my experience with psychotropic drugs, I've never experienced anything as bad as Klonopin. As long as I tapered relatively slowly with ADs, I'd rarely get negative effects (although brain zaps were still common).

hi hollyms                thanks for coming through to me.that makes me feel a bit better what u said about  depressants and w/drawal.would you think about 6months tapering off 60mg.would that be long enough?.last time my doctor said 4 weeks and i was so ill 6months later with anxiety.had to go back on them.im not looking forward to this at all.

hi hollyms                 thanks for coming through to me.that makes me feel a bit better what u said about  depressants and w/drawal.would you think about 6months tapering off 60mg.would that be long enough?.last time my doctor said 4 weeks and i was so ill 6months later with anxiety.had to go back on them.im not looking forward to this at all.

Honestly I've never taken that long to taper off an AD, but we are all different. I would usually taper off them in a few weeks (as my doctors told me to do) and like I said, didn't really notice many problems. But if you had that much trouble with coming off it in 4 weeks then definitely don't try that again.. i'd just try to taper as slowly as you need to. Meaning, keep making cuts only when you feel well enough to do so. Good luck!!