Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Have to make a 17% cut over 2 week period. Is there a risk for seizures with this?

[Je...]

Long story short I can NOT go any slower as I have no options literally none. I’m down from nearly 6mg all the way to 0.38mg. I have a time frame in which I must be off and there’s no meds to help me after July. I’ve made large cuts and felt absolutely fine, and I’ve made smaller cuts and felt horrible so I know it can go either way … I’m planning to remove 10%, and then a week later remove the other 7%. I just want to know if this is a seizure risk? No I have no history of seizures just get really scared of them! I’m almost off and I’m going to absolutely drag it out as long as I possibly can but I won’t be getting another prescription after June. (The script does last me a while) 

* I have some older larger dose pills in case of an absolute emergency where I need to taper longer but I don’t want to drag it out as I seem to do better when I just keep going 

[...]

@[Je...], i'm not an expert but i myself made even larger cuts when didn't know much about benzo. Can't say i felt ok but no seizures. Know well others who did the same and managed to avoid it. Sure we're all different but hope with all my heart you'll be ok as much as it's possible in our condition. 10% and 7% cuts in two weeks seem to be +-within being reasonable, at least, to me. Think it also may depend on the general rate of your tapering. I mean how long it's taken you to get from 6 to 0.38 mg.

Really Good luck to you!)

[Je...]

I can’t remember all of it but I went from 3mg in October to 0.38mg now lol I def have made larger cuts randomly just bc I need to get off faster :/ 

[...]
2 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I can’t remember all of it but I went from 3mg in October to 0.38mg now lol I def have made larger cuts randomly just bc I need to get off faster :/ 

I guess you'll do without seizures. But i'm not an expert, just a hunch) Perhaps someone else will stop by to give their thoughts:classic_smile:

[Ma...]

You are very close to the end and have done what sounds like a responsible taper.  The risk of seizures, even if you were to stop completely is very, very low even though you still have .38 to taper.  Continuing to cut, even 17% makes it even lower.  Most people who have seizures have either cut quickly from high doses or quit CT, and/or also have a history of a seizure disorder.  

• Like 1