Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hello friends :) question on antibiotics

[Lu...]

Hello all, hope this post finds you all well and healing this beautiful evening. So I am roughly 3 months post CT and many know I have been having an incredibly hard time. I have begun to feel some great windows again this week which is so so promising and makes me so happy I could cry! But I am still quite sick and have unfortunately developed a pretty gnarly sinus infection.

my doctor wants me to take antibiotics, I told him I would think about it and call tomorrow. I have been trying to ride it out without medical intervention but it has become quite severe and is making the withdrawal harder. I have a 90% blocked deviated septum so my sinus infections get bad fast and have a hard time draining away without meds. It has been infected for about 2 weeks. I think I need to take them but am terrified of ruining this progress I have made as I have read so many people have setbacks with antibiotics and similar meds. What do I do? What anti biotic should I ask for? Any help would be so greatly appreciated. 

sending love and prayers to you all ❤️

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

Hey Lucas ☺️! Have you tried a saline rinse? Warm compresses-every 40 minutes each? A dehumidifier? Sleeping with your head propped way up to promote drainage?

Is it at ALL possible allergies?

As you know, antibiotics can be tricky. Fluoroquirine’s (sp) are a definitive NO!

Hopefully someone who has absolutely needed 1 will chime in.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 2

[Kr...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

think I need to take them but am terrified of ruining this progress I have made as I have read so many people have setbacks with antibiotics and similar meds.

Fear is not to be trusted. 
What happens if the infection progresses? Just don’t take the ones Mary said can be bad.

plenty of us have had to take an antibiotic or even have anesthesia and are fine. 
The fact that you are only 3 months of a CT and are already having windows means your body is strong and healing. You’re luckier than most here that have CT and have not seen a single window until at least 6 months or more.

You seem pretty functional. Sinus infections can lead to bronchitis. Please don’t be silly and take the meds. You will get through any minor discomfort the AB may bring about. It’s not worth the risk of getting sicker. 

Edited by [Kr...]
  • Like 3

[Pi...]

@[Lu...] I have had to take a second course of antibiotics this week and I’m not going to lie it has revved all my sxs up BUT all I can do is hold onto the fact that people tell me no one dies from Benzo WD sxs no matter how intense they are and however much it feels as if we are dying but an infection certainly can kill us. So I would take them.

• Like 2

[Ch...]

He may prescribe something called Levaquin.  I'd suggest to stay away from that.  

Amoxicillin or Azithromycin should be okay… what have you taken in the past for sinus infections?  If you remember.

17 hours ago, [[C...] said:

He may prescribe something called Levaquin.  I'd suggest to stay away from that.  

Amoxicillin or Azithromycin should be okay… what have you taken in the past for sinus infections?  If you remember.

I actually just decided to go on it today and he prescribed azithromyzin luckily!