Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sups for sleep 💤

[Sh...]

[Sh...]
Posted (edited)

Hey team 

I know there’s so super smart tinkerers of sups here… 
I was listening  to Andrew Huberman (neurobiologist, ophthalmologist) on joe Rogan the other day, and he suggested these sups for sleep. I’ve been taking melatonin for a long time and want to stop.

Mag threonate 300-400
Epigenin 50mg 

Theanine 100-400mg 

30-60 mins prior to bed 

wondering if these are safe to take? Anyone had any trouble with these? 

thanks xx

Edited by [Sh...]

[Sh...]

Looks like I might need to be the pioneer here x

[Ha...]

I had issues with magnesium in the early days, but fine with it now. Theanine I've always found quite helpful, but not taken it for a long time now. I've no experience with Epigenin, never heard of it to be honest. Sure you'll be ok so far out @[Sh...]

• Love 1

[Sh...]

Thanks mare. I guess I’ll give it a go. I took magnesium the other day and didn’t feel a thing. I’ve taken it during wd and after but I was still really sick then but I don’t think it made anything worse. 
how are u doing anyway mate haven’t spoken to u in ages ❤️

[Ha...]
12 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thanks mare. I guess I’ll give it a go. I took magnesium the other day and didn’t feel a thing. I’ve taken it during wd and after but I was still really sick then but I don’t think it made anything worse. 
how are u doing anyway mate haven’t spoken to u in ages ❤️

I'm somewhat functional now and working part time. Getting there slowly, but still some way to go unfortunately. As long as I can improve a bit more and work, I'll be happy enough I suppose. Accepted I'll probably never be 💯. But hey ho, such is life. Need to make the best of the shitty hand we've been delt.

I'm guessing the insomnia is still hanging around, but how are you doing otherwise? Hope you're doing well 

• Love 1

[Sh...]

Yeah ditto buddy. I thought I was there, nope it’s not finished with me yet. 
I’m so glad to hear ur more functional tho. I definitely turned a corner when I went back to work. I hope that is the change for u too. Routine helps so much. 
yeah I’m doing ok. This week has been very tough. But I’m off to gym anyway. 💪🏾

• Like 1

[Ha...]
17 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah ditto buddy. I thought I was there, nope it’s not finished with me yet. 
I’m so glad to hear ur more functional tho. I definitely turned a corner when I went back to work. I hope that is the change for u too. Routine helps so much. 
yeah I’m doing ok. This week has been very tough. But I’m off to gym anyway. 💪🏾

Ibiza next year then 😁

[Sh...]
Posted (edited)

Haha! I was just thinking about that after I posted. “I wonder if mare still wants to go hang out in ibiza” 

let me know when 😂

we might be the soberist people there but if we’ve got glow sticks we’ll be right mate. 👍🏼

Edited by [Sh...]
  • Love 1

[Sh...]

Have u heard of the dj fisher? He played a big set on the beach last weekend here, a bit fat boy slim style. I didn’t go but I wish I had have. Friends of mine went and it was nuts. I’m going to the next one mate better save for ur plane ticket 

[Na...]

I suspect the "Epigenin" is actually Apigenin. 

I've taken it but it never made me noticeable sleepy. But other people are different so who knows it might help someone else.

• Like 1

[Sh...]

Thanks Nathan x yeah I’m not getting my hopes up because I’ve spent so much on sups. I just thought it could help me so I can give melatonin the flick