Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Miracle Recovery After High Doses

[Tw...]

[Th...]
On 03/05/2024 at 00:16, [[T...] said:

I quit Xanax 14mg per day along with Klonopin 6mg per day after using that dose for two years and benzodiazepines for twenty years. I quit Seven weeks ago. 

I had to quit cold turkey after entering an inpatient detox facility. They prescribed me an anti- seizure medicine on phenobarbital and now Trileptal to prevent seizures. I was extremely confused just like a Dementia patient for around 30 days. I didn't recognize my family or my husband. I didn't know where I was. I now know that I was experiencing Delirium tremens. I have very little memory of the past 6 weeks. The severe withdrawals occurred around day 10 of quitting benzodiazepines. I had muscle spasms, involuntary body movements, some paranoia, some verbal and physical aggression, auditory and visual hallucinations, complete lack of sleep, severe confusion, derealization, depersonalization, severe panic and anxiety, agoraphobia, impaired fine and gross motor skills, body jerking and twitching, low blood pressure, night sweats, brain fog, and severe shaking. My nurses and doctors tell me that I almost died. While in a confused state from the benzodiazepine withdrawal, I refused to drink or eat anything at all, and I stayed in bed. 

Now, 7 weeks after quitting Xanax and Klonopin, all of my withdrawal symptoms are gone. The only thing left is that I am afraid to work or drive. I have so recently been through tortuous Hell and Back. I am recuperating and recovering. 

I wanted to share my story because,  If I can make it through the Hell of benzodiazepine withdrawal from the Poison, then I have faith that Anyone Can Do It. Just Have Faith and Never Give Up. 

I entered into this article because of the title high dose. I was on 45-50mg off Xanax a day and like you was a smaller dosage for 15 years before the large amount for my last 5 years. 

it’s great to hear you came out the other side and your withdrawals have improved so much. 

I stopped my dosage of Xanax 18-20mg twice a day plus using tablets throughout the day nearly 2 years ago now. 

your experience for the first 8 weeks or so I can relate to, I went to a detox and was rushed to hospital after about 36 hours with seizures, I spent 7 days in there I barely remember, the agony was unbearable I was screaming to be taken to the psychiatrist ward so much the nurses and doctors kept telling me someone was coming for me. 

I got out off hospital and within a day I nearly ended up back in there. I went to my local doctor who said if I told him the truth he would not have signed off on me to go for detox. 

I was put back on 1mg 4 times a day to stop the seizures, the doctors and everyone else did not think I would make it

now coming up on 2 years from that initial cold turkey I am still on 1mg 4 times a day and I have suffered every day for the 2 years , it’s worse now than it was after 3 months. But I’m still pushing along hour by hour minute by minute litterly. 

sometimes I have my doubts I’ll ever have a normal life even though I’m nearly 9 years sober from alcohol and cocaine mainly

these benzos are an absolute horror and as much as I am in a long torture of withdrawal symptoms with no sign off them easing. My window are getting smaller and my waves are getting longer 

I am delighted to hear anyone who got through the acute stage like yourself, well done it’s an amazing achievement and I hope you can rebuild your life. 

Funny as it may sound you are extremely lucky to not have severe protracted withdrawals, never forget what you went through and you will never go back

im in a different situation but I like to hear people who did it and all the acute stage and feel better after months because all anyone sees online is the horror stories off how long it can be like in my case 

So thank you for sharing because it might help someone else who is on a large amount to stop by reading your story compared to if I was to tell mine or the many other people still suffering years on

Theres an epidemic with young people and it’s story’s like this need to be shared and are just as important because it gives a lot more hope

well done and I hope you can start living a normal life again , it is a huge achievement to stop 20mg in total like you did 

[Br...]

@[Tw...] Thank you for sharing your experience. It's unconscionable that you were put through a CT by a facility.   I'm glad you are feeling significantly better now but seem to have some lingering effects that prevent you from working or driving.   Please keep us updated about how you're doing.

• Love 1

[An...]

Congrats @[Tw...] and thanks for sharing.

You said>>>

I quit Xanax 14mg per day along with Klonopin 6mg per day after using that dose for two years and benzodiazepines for twenty years. 

Who was prescribing you this many benzodiazepines? Were you getting them from multiple sources?

Are you off all Rx'd drugs now, or are you still on the ones that were Rx'd to you during your inpatient medical detox stay?

What was the medical reason you started taking benzos for?

[An...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[Tw...] Thank you for sharing your experience. It's unconscionable that you were put through a CT by a facility.   I'm glad you are feeling significantly better now but seem to have some lingering effects that prevent you from working or driving.   Please keep us updated about how you're doing.

I agree. It was very dangerous for them to CT this individual. They even told her she almost died, and I believe it. These places should all have a safe, standardized protocol for benzo detox. They lie to ppl when they say "we can safely and comfortably get you off the benzo you have taken for many years in 1-4 weeks". That is a lie. 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2024 at 20:16, [[T...] said:

I quit Xanax 14mg per day along with Klonopin 6mg per day after using that dose for two years and benzodiazepines for twenty years. I quit Seven weeks ago. 

I had to quit cold turkey after entering an inpatient detox facility. They prescribed me an anti- seizure medicine on phenobarbital and now Trileptal to prevent seizures. I was extremely confused just like a Dementia patient for around 30 days. I didn't recognize my family or my husband. I didn't know where I was. I now know that I was experiencing Delirium tremens. I have very little memory of the past 6 weeks. The severe withdrawals occurred around day 10 of quitting benzodiazepines. I had muscle spasms, involuntary body movements, some paranoia, some verbal and physical aggression, auditory and visual hallucinations, complete lack of sleep, severe confusion, derealization, depersonalization, severe panic and anxiety, agoraphobia, impaired fine and gross motor skills, body jerking and twitching, low blood pressure, night sweats, brain fog, and severe shaking. My nurses and doctors tell me that I almost died. While in a confused state from the benzodiazepine withdrawal, I refused to drink or eat anything at all, and I stayed in bed. 

Now, 7 weeks after quitting Xanax and Klonopin, all of my withdrawal symptoms are gone. The only thing left is that I am afraid to work or drive. I have so recently been through tortuous Hell and Back. I am recuperating and recovering. 

I wanted to share my story because,  If I can make it through the Hell of benzodiazepine withdrawal from the Poison, then I have faith that Anyone Can Do It. Just Have Faith and Never Give Up. 

Hi buddie! Thank you for your story. I´m glad you are well! I took clonazepam for 25 years and I stoped that too. My withdraw was very severe about a week after I quit, and my symptoms were similar to yours, so I identify with you. After 2 months I´m free of benzos.

[mo...]

You are so strong. I’m impressed and inspired. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through and so happy to hear you are recovering well now. Thanks for sharing.

[Th...]
Posted (edited)

Having most of you symptoms gone in 7 weeks truly is a MIRACLE.  Congratulations!

Edited by [Th...]