Clonazepam taper and tolerance long term user

[ba...]

So my doctor and I started on an 8 mg taper. In three months we are approaching 5 mg currently at 5.5 mg.

Plan was 0.5 dips every two weeks even though he could have done a ten percent dip every two weeks that would have started with big drops.

I was ok at the Start but now I'm wondering since benzodiazipines have tolerance (huge) how can staying on clonazepam for at least 5 more months not br the reason why I anxiety is increasing?

I mean if I go to Valium and come back to clonazepam wouldn't that help since I'm changing from one long acting one to another? I find this confusing in the ashton manual and elsewhere.

I'm so anxious I can't stand it I wish I could just have a beer like one.

If I takr my benzo like at 10 am if the delivery comes (which I have to change to weekly because at least they will be with me rather than wait) I can't eat or take caffeine or even sleep. 

Expert venzo doctor from the past and from my past food at least a protein shake never hurt much. 

I have to get help this group is the closest.

My therapist is via zoom and it does nothing. 

She's had no history if abuse and maybe that's ehat I need is a different therapist.

[PE...]

Hi.

Sorry I don't understand what you wrote totally. Are you switching to valium? It's not really needed as clonazepam is long acting enough for a taper and some get nasty effects with doing that.

[ba...]

Hi @PEPPE I knoe I'm rambling what got me curious was that wouldn't ones body start losing the effects of the clonazepam especially a long term taper?

Ashton manual doesn't really say that but I'm guessing long acting benzos just work better for long term taper.

I'm starting to separate my dose I wad popping it first thing now I'm separating it.

I ramble because I'm not getting sleep and I'm new but your input would help.

Thanks my friend!

[Co...]

There was another (now locked) similar topic on this matter. For reference:

[Ma...]

Just making sure I understand, you were on 8 mg of Clonazepam or Diazepam.  If Clonazepam, 8 mg is a very very large dose and going down to 5.5 would still be a very large dose.  Typically people can tolerate bigger cuts at higher doses like that and then need to slow down a lot as they get lower towards 1 mg. 

Edited by [Ma...]

[so...]

I’m guessing you worked your way up to 8 mg over many years ? So drop slowly , even if if takes a few years . I’m coming down slow from 3 mg over 15+ years . From what I’m experiencing it gets very tough at ~ 1 mg dose . But still , I dropped 0.25 mg once monthly , or every 2 months even . Until I’m now at 1 mg daily . It hurts brother . but better to give your brain adjustment time the whole way in preparation for the Final MG! Keep me posted how you’re doing , be well !