Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Therapists and Doctors That Deal With BIND Patients

[Na...]

[Na...]

It's been asked a few times if we have some sort of list of doctors, therapists, health care professionals etc. that deal with protracted benzo recovery/BIND patients.  

We don't but we have a few people here so let's see if we can get something together.

If you know of someone that is known to treat BIND patients, whether they be a psychiatrist/MD, therapist, etc. please post the name. Even better if it is someone that you have personally dealt with and can recommend. It would be great if you could give us a synopsis of their credentials - are they a medical doctor, a licensed therapist, an unlicensed counselor, etc. 

We'll try this and see where it goes. 

• Like 1

[Sc...]

Even if there are there is not much they can do except prescribe more central acting drugs or refer patients to psychiatrists and drug them back to their beginning. I don't want to sound like giving no hope, but the reality is we have to learn to live with our symptoms and find alternative ways to reduce or resolve our symptoms. Another thing we need to consider is we have been poisoned by neurotoxic drugs that are known to damage the nervous system and body. Not our fault as most of us were not told of the risks involved.

[Na...]
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Even if there are there is not much they can do except prescribe more central acting drugs or refer patients to psychiatrists and drug them back to their beginning. I don't want to sound like giving no hope, but the reality is we have to learn to live with our symptoms and find alternative ways to reduce or resolve our symptoms. Another thing we need to consider is we have been poisoned by neurotoxic drugs that are known to damage the nervous system and body. Not our fault as most of us were not told of the risks involved.

We have people in the group that are interested in making contact with doctors, therapists, etc that might have experience in treating BIND patients.

Now, I am skeptical as to whether any or how many exist since so few doctors actually admit that benzos and z-drugs cause long term issues. But none the less if they are out there then it is up to each person to decide for themselves whether they have anything to offer that they have an interest in.  And any any case, we shouldn't assume what sort of treatment might be offered - for instance a licensed psychologist or therapist isn't allowed to prescribe medication in most countries.

I will say that when it comes to doctors, therapists, counselors, etc. - I think everyone should treat them the same way you might in hiring someone to fix your car or your plumbing -  caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. You can not assume that anyone knows what they are doing or has your best interest at heart. So look before you leap and check everyone out as best as you can. We are a bunch of desperate people and there are always people in the world that will attempt to take advantage of the desperate.

Edited by [Na...]