Klonopin .5mg

[I_...]

New here and I’ve been taking prescribed klonopin .5mg 2 times a day as “ needed” for over 10 years . Went to the doctor because of muscle fatigue and he tells me it’s not the meds I need to eat more … had bloodwork done and everything is normal. Decided to check into it and poof looks like I’m in for a bad time 😫. I’m now taking .25mg in the morning and half of that in the evening. My muscles feel completely shot all over , getting headaches, nausea here and there and muscle twitches and cramps . Last night was the worst the muscle tingling in my arms and neck had me scared to death . This path is going to be long and is there anything to take to help with this nightmare? No prescription meds! 

[Co...]

Hello @[I_...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

The symptoms you described as, "My muscles feel completely shot all over , getting headaches, nausea here and there and muscle twitches and cramps", and "Last night was the worst the muscle tingling in my arms and neck had me scared to death" - have they occurred since the reduction to your evening dose?

[Ma...]

You’ve been on 1.0 mg total for 10 years from what I’m reading.  Are you saying you’re now on .25 in the AM and .125 in PM for a total of .375?  Did you make this change suddenly or have you been tapering for a while.  I was on basically the same dose for 10 years.  It’s generally recommended to start by tapering no more than 5-10% of your current dose every 10-14 days.  

[I_...]
5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[I_...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

The symptoms you described as, "My muscles feel completely shot all over , getting headaches, nausea here and there and muscle twitches and cramps", and "Last night was the worst the muscle tingling in my arms and neck had me scared to death" - have they occurred since the reduction to your evening dose?

Yes since reducing my dose 

[I_...]
5 hours ago, [[M...] said:

You’ve been on 1.0 mg total for 10 years from what I’m reading.  Are you saying you’re now on .25 in the AM and .125 in PM for a total of .375?  Did you make this change suddenly or have you been tapering for a while.  I was on basically the same dose for 10 years.  It’s generally recommended to start by tapering no more than 5-10% of your current dose every 10-14 days.  

I did this on my own I’m thinking I might have went down too much . The muscle fatigue started a while back on regular dose so I was hoping it would help but made it much worse . Might have to bump it up a little for a week or so

[I_...]
2 minutes ago, [[I...] said:

Also thanks for the welcome! Hope I can find info to help me along this is ridiculous!

[Co...]
8 hours ago, [[I...] said:

And are you using 0.5mg tablets? If so, is it possible for you to quarter these pills? You are likely to better tolerate reducing your dose by 0.125mg decrements.

[I_...]
6 hours ago, [[C...] said:

And are you using 0.5mg tablets? If so, is it possible for you to quarter these pills? You are likely to better tolerate reducing your dose by 0.125mg decrements.

I can do that to the best of my abilities