Does anyone else experience cold , ice cube like nerve pain ?

[st...]

Don’t see a lot of people talking about this , and still going through a painful journey after a short term use of benzos last year getting off alcohol . Kept relapsing , kept reinstating on benzos at rehabs until last October and have been off everything for good . 

still experiencing endless debilitating symptoms. Hired a benzo coach . Have had MRI and many tests done . all ok. Psychiatrist described my condition as a “brain insult” . From glutamate neurotoxicity as a result of repeated withdrawals and kindling , atleast that’s my understanding… lord knows I’m still trying to understand it. 

Just want to see if anyone else here experienced really “cold” nerve pain . Sometimes my inner ear will feel like ice cubes poking it . Sometimes it runs down my leg . Sometimes it sits there for 10 seconds , other times it’s a fraction of a second . It’s usually very disturbing when it’s in my head or sinus areas like the throat. Sometimes my whole mouth will feel cold , then a bitter taste will fill my taste buds , I suppose that’s the metallic taste a lot of people describe.

I also experience widespread burning / pain / headaches / back of head pressure , brain fog , horrific confusing terror like my brain is glitching out . I know I’ve shared a lot of these before , just checking in about the cold nerve stuff . When I try to look it up or find someone else who has it it usually gets mixed in with the term cold turkey , or like cold / virus symptoms. 

I understand it’s not best to overthink it , and finding someone with the same symptoms won’t make my pain go away , but it helps my well being finding someone who can understand me and relate .

thank you

• Like 1

[Re...]
44 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Don’t see a lot of people talking about this , and still going through a painful journey after a short term use of benzos last year getting off alcohol . Kept relapsing , kept reinstating on benzos at rehabs until last October and have been off everything for good . 

still experiencing endless debilitating symptoms. Hired a benzo coach . Have had MRI and many tests done . all ok. Psychiatrist described my condition as a “brain insult” . From glutamate neurotoxicity as a result of repeated withdrawals and kindling , atleast that’s my understanding… lord knows I’m still trying to understand it. 

Just want to see if anyone else here experienced really “cold” nerve pain . Sometimes my inner ear will feel like ice cubes poking it . Sometimes it runs down my leg . Sometimes it sits there for 10 seconds , other times it’s a fraction of a second . It’s usually very disturbing when it’s in my head or sinus areas like the throat. Sometimes my whole mouth will feel cold , then a bitter taste will fill my taste buds , I suppose that’s the metallic taste a lot of people describe.

I also experience widespread burning / pain / headaches / back of head pressure , brain fog , horrific confusing terror like my brain is glitching out . I know I’ve shared a lot of these before , just checking in about the cold nerve stuff . When I try to look it up or find someone else who has it it usually gets mixed in with the term cold turkey , or like cold / virus symptoms. 

I understand it’s not best to overthink it , and finding someone with the same symptoms won’t make my pain go away , but it helps my well being finding someone who can understand me and relate .

thank you

I've had nerve pain in my nose like a sensation of inhaling cold air. It has gotten slightly better. My toes were cold for a while for not reason. I have had the metallic taste in mouth as well. I am currently dealing with some of that right now. I have had inner ear shooting pains but they are not cold. Sending you a big hug to get through all of this.

• Like 1

[Th...]

Yes! My hands and feet get this way. To me I think they are not just just cold but frozen, however feeling them, they are perfect normal in temp. Its a horrible feeling, it can last anywhere from 1 minute to 15-20 minutes. It's awful!

• Like 1

[Jo...]

I have had the weird cold sensation in my feet when I was tapering off of k. Now it is just regular burning nerve pain. I would rather have cold nerve pain than burning nerve pain in feet if you ask me.

• Like 2