Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Wearing my welcome out regarding Benadryl and for this I am sorry

[Ga...]

[Ga...]

Wanted to further discuss the possible side effects resulting from taking Benadryl off and on over a couple of years:  I have been feeling pretty awful over the last three days and today I am suffering with chills, heavy sweating last night, and bad headache for three days.  I have spoken with my primary doctor who agrees I could be having some withdrawal symptoms from stopping the Benadryl:  He has sent me a tapering plan using a children’s dose of liquid Benadryl with lower and lower doses over a period of two weeks.  I never took more than two 25 mg a day, usually one during the day for bad headaches and one at night for sleep.  I have been reading some online articles published by rehab and recovery centers set up to help people get off of Benadryl. Is anyone else surprised that there is such a thing as Benadryl withdrawal?  I sure am.  The tricky wicket is that I also took a very low dose of clobetasol steroid ointment (0.5%) for a chronic skin infection.  I am to use it twice a week and then maybe once a week.  I have read that this is a very small dose and does not cross into the blood stream?!

Many of us panic when a wave comes crushing in and don’t know whether it is a reaction to something or not, so we don’t know how to help ourselves…..an awful situation to be in😱

GG