Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Clonazepam advice

[Re...]

Hello @[Al...],

I promised to get back to you, but I don't think I can provide you with more fresh ideas. 

If your symptoms in these heightened state are truly unbearable (as you mention) it might be good for you to actually stay on a benzodiazepine until you stabilise. In this case, I would choose the smallest effective dose that leaves me with acceptable sleep and tolerable symptoms, to have a quality of life. There are certainly more forms of this medication that are easier to manage (different size tablets, liquids) and later taper from. (Your doctor /pharmacist can definitely help you with that, too). 

I suggested you to rather consider a short taper and cut it short with the benzos, as I am really biased being in withdrawal. But, I can not step in your shoes and vice versa. Please keep in mind I was on the benzos for a really long time and what happened to me will most likely not happen to you. 

There is no golden rule as I know when to take the medication, however taking it the same time every day gives stability to your nervous system. You may take it in the evening if you have insomnia, many people do that way. 

It is really tricky about benzodiazepines and psychiatric medications @[Al...]that we have to find out what works for us. You are the judge if your body needs benzos as a medication and what you can tolerate as a person, this depends on many physiological and psychological factors, too. 

If you choose to take a steady dose of the medication to help you alleviate the extreme anxiety and get some rest, that is absolutely okay and we will be definitely here to support you. Whatever you decide, we are here for you. 

Take care

• Like 1

[ba...]

@[Al...] I didn't read everyone's input ax I haven't dlept in two days. im on 6 mg cllonazepsm so my tsprr is going to br .5 mg cuts every 15 days. 

I have tried 80 percent of ssris and none ever worked. Been on benxos for twenty years. 

If I were u j wouldn't worry to much. Your o. A dose equal to less than 1 mg Ativan and 1 mg Xanax. Your relatively safe imo.

For sleep you can get a myriad of different non addicting meds. Prozac should have worked by now so switch imo asap to something. 

The clonszepsm is low so honestly the ssri is the culprit. Those drugs can have lots of bad reactions at the Start. 

If you can't shut your mind off at night u may need a low dose of zopiclone. That can also help u wean off clonazepam. Clonszepsm at your dose for me would be a peanut. So end of the day it's your body and its different than everyone's.

You may just be like me an anxious person. Anxious or jump whatever right. For me I may have to deal with anxiety forever. The taper is to get off these but our anxiety may remain. There isn't a doctor out there that can confidently tell u say zoloft will work. 

Maybe try an srni? Honestly u shouldn't worry your not on a dose thqts to high. The withdrawals would pass quick maybe after a few weeks after a taper for u. Best of luck sorry if I was to honest. 

Helping others is a way of distraction as well right? Anything to get our mind off maybe go shopping. 

[Al...]
On 03/05/2024 at 03:54, [[R...] said:

Hello @[Al...],

I promised to get back to you, but I don't think I can provide you with more fresh ideas. 

If your symptoms in these heightened state are truly unbearable (as you mention) it might be good for you to actually stay on a benzodiazepine until you stabilise. In this case, I would choose the smallest effective dose that leaves me with acceptable sleep and tolerable symptoms, to have a quality of life. There are certainly more forms of this medication that are easier to manage (different size tablets, liquids) and later taper from. (Your doctor /pharmacist can definitely help you with that, too). 

I suggested you to rather consider a short taper and cut it short with the benzos, as I am really biased being in withdrawal. But, I can not step in your shoes and vice versa. Please keep in mind I was on the benzos for a really long time and what happened to me will most likely not happen to you. 

There is no golden rule as I know when to take the medication, however taking it the same time every day gives stability to your nervous system. You may take it in the evening if you have insomnia, many people do that way. 

It is really tricky about benzodiazepines and psychiatric medications @[Al...]that we have to find out what works for us. You are the judge if your body needs benzos as a medication and what you can tolerate as a person, this depends on many physiological and psychological factors, too. 

If you choose to take a steady dose of the medication to help you alleviate the extreme anxiety and get some rest, that is absolutely okay and we will be definitely here to support you. Whatever you decide, we are here for you. 

Take care

Thank you @[Re...] for everything you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @[he...]

I was reading through the history in your profile and I noticed that there are some parallels between your experience and mine. For example, we both started PRN, and then ended up taking the medication more regularly for a short period before deciding to taper. In your taper history it shows divided AM and PM doses, with the PM dose slightly higher. A couple of questions:

Why did you decide on divided doses? I'm assuming it was to smooth things out and avoid any intradose withdrawals, but I just wanted to confirm the thinking behind it so I can use it as a reference for my taper.

What time did you take the AM and PM doses?

Was the PM dose slightly higher to help with sleep?

Hi @[Re...]

I know everyone is different, but do you know if there are any guidelines/considerations when deciding whether to take 1 dose a day or 2 when tapering Clonazepam? I see that some members prefer a divided dosing schedule and I'm wondering whether I should try that method.

Hi @[Al...], Many people find dividing doses helpful as this helps to avoid interdose withdrawal. It is especially recommended in case of benzodiazepines with shorter half lives. It depends on how you feel when you try it, I believe. 

If your system tolerates it, it might be a good idea, yes. 

(Edited for clarity). 

• Like 1