Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Back to Benzos/GABA

[Pa...]

Have someone experience going back to it?

The last weeks were horrible and i thought i am going back to the GABA supplement cause i cant take it anymore. I take it for a couple days now maybe 10. I feel better psychological anxiety etc, but when i take it i feel dizzy for couple hours ( Never got it before Withdrawal). Now i feel so guilty back on cause i was 3 months free. I try to stopped it yesterday and got horrible withdrawals. But i think its better to stay away in long term. Or i stay on low dose and taper down next time. Last time 3 months ago i stopped cold turkey. I dont know what to do 😰

[Pa...]

Its from Sunday Natural 500mg GABA from natural 100% Fermentation. Or maybe its the mix with Remeron, but never hat that problem before Withdrawal. I am very scared when i take it again on Daily base, i have the same brutal Withdrawal again months later when i stopp it. The dizziness was super brutal 2 months.

[PE...]

Ok! I tried GABA powder a couple of times but didn't have any effect.

It might be because you didn't take it for awhile?

Might be rameron too! Have you taking that for long?

[Pa...]

I take mirtazapine for 4 years now, i think they call it remeron in the states as far i know its the same. I take GABA for 10 days now, so the Withdrawal should be that brutal i hope. 

[Pa...]

My biggest fear is the Withdrawal again. The dizziness was brutal for 2 months. Cant even stand. So i think my only Option is to stopped it again, put the mirt a Little higher and Hope the best. I feel so guilty going back on it After 3 months

• Like 1

[Pa...]

Maybe i am lucky and my brain heals that much that dizziness is still solved so far. 

[PE...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

My biggest fear is the Withdrawal again. The dizziness was brutal for 2 months. Cant even stand. So i think my only Option is to stopped it again, put the mirt a Little higher and Hope the best. I feel so guilty going back on it After 3 months

Yeah I get that!

Awful situation..

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Maybe i am lucky and my brain heals that much that dizziness is still solved so far. 

Stop the gaba first and give it a week to see if it's that causing the dizziness?

[PE...]

Even if it didn't before the benzo wd it might be it as your brain is in another state now.. 

17 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I take mirtazapine for 4 years now, i think they call it remeron in the states as far i know its the same. I take GABA for 10 days now, so the Withdrawal should be that brutal i hope. 

Do you mean just usual GABA supplement you can buy without prescription, or what?

[Pa...]

I try it yesterday for a day, i got headaches and anxiety but no dizziness. I only take it cause the horrific Intrusive thoughts. But maybe remeron a Little higher so the Trick.

[PE...]

Yes try it. Everything is better the reinstate benzo after 3 months IMO.

[Pa...]

@[PE...]

You right. I just done it cause the Intrusive thoughts start after going from 8-4mg remeron. I think that hold my Brain together.

• Like 1

[Pa...]

Maybe the Remeron hold the stress back, and After going down to 4mg the stress flooded my Brain and the Intrusive thoughts and the audical hallucinations started. 

[PE...]

Yes it seems like mirtazapine/remeron gives people in benzo wd relife but comes up and bites you when trying to get off.

I know @[...] is using it and now taper it.

2 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[PE...]

You right. I just done it cause the Intrusive thoughts start after going from 8-4mg remeron. I think that hold my Brain together.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[...] 

Ya just a normal supplement u can buy on Amazon etc 500mg

I don't think there is anything too awful about it. I know many people who try it while benzo withdrawing. Just stop it, that's all. Sure GABA can cause unpleasant side effects but they'll soon subside. I read an article by Ashton where she didn't advise this supplement to support the wd, although some people still find it useful.

• Like 1

[Pa...]

I will stopp it tommorow, and take a little Bit more Remeron. I will go up on 10mgs for the next 3 months and will see. And maybe it was way to early to go down with Remeron after only 3 months in Withdrawal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I will stopp it tommorow, and take a little Bit more Remeron. I will go up on 10mgs for the next 3 months and will see. And maybe it was way to early to go down with Remeron after only 3 months in Withdrawal.

I'm sure it's "just" the same benzo withdrawal. 3 months is hardly past the acute phase. Yes, i think it's ok if you take a little more remeron (mirt, yes?) I started tapering mirt when i was 9 months off benzo and felt stable+-.  You'd better wait till your acute is over. 

[Pa...]

@[...]

Yes its Mirtazapine. I was very shocked about the Intrusive thoughts and the audical hallucinations that was the only reason i was going back to it. I never thought that the brain can do such horrible things. Now i realise cut the Mirt, back to work (Stress) + the Withdrawal in General is way to much for the brain when its healing.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[...]

Yes its Mirtazapine. I was very shocked about the Intrusive thoughts and the audical hallucinations that was the only reason i was going back to it. I never thought that the brain can do such horrible things. Now i realise cut the Mirt, back to work (Stress) + the Withdrawal in General is way to much for the brain when its healing.

Yes, i think it's about too much but not critical. Your brain will manage)

The less imposed changes in brain biochemistry while withdrawing the better. I mean if your brain is used to mirt, let it stay there for a while. When the scute is over, it'll be easier to part with mirt.

Edited by [...]