Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Hypersensitivity that causes physical symptoms?

[jo...]

[jo...]

It seems my nervous system is so hypersensitive right now and has been for a long time. I’m 3 years out/four years injured total. This symptom in particular has worsened for me. If I do anything that involves leaving the house and a bit of stimulation i.e talking, many people around, loud noise, driving, busy, physical exertion/cleaning etc. It can be as small as seeing one house that’s open for inspection and coming home. I then seem to have a rebound effect in the second part of the day. A lot of unpleasant burning, pressure, stabbing, vice feelings mostly in my head, back shoulders but felt all over my body! It’s like my nervous system is so sensitive that the slightest uptick in stimuli causes a fire inside my body. Can any relate? 😌 at this point I feel like I have to stay home more until it heals. No amount of “pushing” changes it. I just end up in pain every time 

just want to mention that I’m not looking for “magic bullet” how to heal answers. I just want solidarity/comfort. To know that others have this too or have healed from it. Maybe what brings you relief in the moment, thanks. 

Edited by [jo...]

[Wa...]

For some reason, my nervous system is almost more sensitive now at 5 years off than in previous years. I'm not sure why. Just talking to a friend or my dad will make me vibrate and buzz and feel sick. I try to reframe and tell myself that it is all my nerves system-wide that are coming alive again and growing back so they are "babies" and need some nurturing and quiet until all systems are a go!  

At any rate...you are not alone...

[jo...]

I’m so sorry @[Wa...] it’s very much the same for me. Four years into this I’m definitely the most sensitive I’ve ever been. No windows and a daily cycle of symptoms. 

[Na...]

Very sensitive to excess stimulation here too. I'm better than I was. But not normal. 

[Ca...]

That's rough going. I've been hypersensitive to sight and sound. I live next to a fwy so it's noisy and an exhaust backfire and it was like an electric surge up the midsection, even painful. Also bright lights, rapid shifting of images, lights, etc Then there's the apprehension at the slightest task. There's OCD, grinding jaw, peeling cuticles and twitching feet but has ceased since breaking my right ankle!!👀

• Sad 1

[Wa...]
On 14/04/2024 at 18:19, [[j...] said:

I’m so sorry @[Wa...] it’s very much the same for me. Four years into this I’m definitely the most sensitive I’ve ever been. No windows and a daily cycle of symptoms. 

I'm sorry for you, too, and all of us here. I'm just cycling through crap everyday and it's different symptoms all the time so I never know what I am going to get. Scary.